Wednesday, May 9, 2018

A busy day ahead of me?

The NYC Taxicab.  It's a symbol of the Hustle and Bustle of New York City life, and the hyperactive nature of life in this region.

- - - - - -

When I awoke today, I had several things on my docket.  First, I planned to drive home and change into Marian Mode before going to see King of Hearts at the Jacob Burns Film Center in Pleasantville.  Next, it would be off to Mercy College's celebration for the people involved in the Communication Disorders Program. And then, it would back home to change back to Mario and attend a co-op board meeting. Things didn't work out as planned.  I was a little bit too tired to bother with the movie, and didn't want to bother changing into Marian for only a couple of hours.

Instead of going to the movies and then to Mercy College, I decided to undress and go to bed.  Getting up at 6 am did a number on my sleep for the night, and it made sense to relax and refresh myself before going to the co-op board meeting..  However, just as I was about to fall out, I got a couple of calls.  The first was from Lili, which I would return later on. And the other was from the student speech therapist, asking if I'd be at Mercy today.  I told her I had car problems, apologized, and then said to keep in touch.

While relaxing, I received an email from the Cat Lady (TCL) asking me if I could drive her to/from the eye doctor next week.  She wanted an answer, but I couldn't immediately give her one.  GFJ and I have a date to go to see Mel Brooks, and she'll be coming down that day.  So I had to defer an answer until I had the chance to talk with GFJ.

- - - - - -

Later on, still in Mario mode, I went to the co-op board meeting after a quick bite to eat at the local pizzeria.  Arriving late for the evening, I still ended up being there for over 3 hours while we discussed the minutia of the co-op's business.  Again, we discussed issues regarding our vendors, and continued the process of bringing some things up to date. Towards the end of the meeting, my brother called - and I used this as an excuse to get out of the meeting before I wasted even more time.

Once in my car, I called my brother back, and we discussed some pleasantries regarding rent on the family homestead.  The tenants brought the check to my sister in law, and she was able to say that this couple seemed to be nice folk.  (That's about all you can say, as none of us are in contact with them on a regular and frequent basis.)   So, my brother said that I could withdraw both my share of this month's proceeds and some money from his share, reducing the amount he owes me on a car he now drives.  This money will surely come in handy, as I'll be going to the dermatologist tomorrow to get some liver spots removed from my face.

- - - - - -

While in my car, I then called GFJ before going to the grocery store to pick up a few things. And we chatted for a half hour or so.  Just before finishing the call, I found out that she was taking two days off to be with me next week (with one night to see Mel Brooks), so I knew my day was fully booked. This made it an impossibility for me to be with TCL, and I sent her a message to explain things.  Hopefully, she won't be too upset with me.  But I know not to screw up a good thing with GFJ, even though there may be roadblocks for a long term relationship....


No comments:

Post a Comment