Motion Pictures - one of my loves. If I had my druthers, I'd probably program the offerings at a successful Art House. Alas, my work in technology ill prepared me for the work I'd like to do next in my life.
But first. a little how not knowing what would unfold would affect the whole weekend.
- - - - - -
The sequence of events that unfolded....
- I arrange to spend Sunday with YGM in Connecticut.
- The Cat Lady says that she's free this weekend.
- GFJ says she's coming down on Saturday night, leaving Sunday free for YGM.
- The Cat Lady arranges to get together with a friend on Saturday.
- GFJ catches a cold, leaving Saturday night open.
- And now, I had Saturday night open, and being able to go church on Sunday.
- - - - - -
I left for Speech Therapy this morning and had a lot of options for the rest of the day. Arriving at Mercy, I chatted with my two therapists in training and told them about the cruise which was not destined to be. And then we got on with the vocal exercises that were planned for me.
Once done at Mercy, it was over to New Rochelle hospital where I visited a friend from the Yonkers gaming group. She was glad to see me, and we talked for about an hour or so. Although she is still in pain, she is healing and expects to be discharged for home care sometime tomorrow. My friend is suffering from a similar ailment to that Vicki has, and had two of her vertebrae fused. (Vicki will need six vertebrae fused in a different area of her spine.) So I expect that this friend will have a long recovery period.
After I was done there, I called Pat. Although we agreed to get together, she really was not up for visitors. So I made it easy for her to beg off, and I went home to take a needed nap which lasted much more time than I expected....
You can now guess that I didn't do much for the rest of the day....