Friday, October 13, 2017

Quickie: Just another Thursday


Another Thursday, another day at the GLBT Center, and another evening playing games.  Not much to say about it, save that it was warmer than usual for this time of year.

- - - - - -

It's nice to be able to wake up knowing that I would be in Marian Mode for the whole day. So when I got up and moving, the first thing I did was to check the computer for messages and to confirm that I was going to do my weekly volunteer stint today.  Once I was done checking my email, I finished the 3rd video in the Court Assistant Exam prep course and then got ready to go out.  Considering how warm it might get, I double checked the weather forecast and went out in one of my Summer dresses for what might be the last day of the year. (Soon, Fall will arrive and it will be too cool to wear the dress - even with tights.)

When I arrived at the GLBT Center, I was given a very mundane task. All of the contact records for people who attended the 2017 Gala had to be updated to reflect attendance. This way, the GLBT Center has a ready built mailing list that can be used to advertise next year's fundraising gala. This task took the better part of 2 & 1/2 hours.  While doing this task, I struck up a conversation with one of the volunteers. She recommended that I talk with their job search pro to get a little help with my search and to improve my chances of finding work. I thanked her for the advice and asked the director to get this person in at a convenient time for both of us next week.

- - - - - -



Once I was done at the GLBT center, it was off to Yonkers. After soup and a sandwich, it was off to The Avenue. Unfortunately, I didn't find the pumpkin colored dress above in a size 30.  (It was a little snug on me in a size 28.)  So, if I find myself driving to Long Island anytime soon, I'll stop by one of their stores to see if I can try on this dress for fit.

Then it was off to game night. The hostess noted that I arrived early, and I felt good at not arriving just as a game was about to start.  Unfortunately, several of the usual cast of characters were out tonight. So it was a small crew barely needing two tables for the night's games.  After my second game, I was starting to feel tired and wanted to go home.  My back was killing me, and I knew that I had to leave a little earlier than usual.

On the way home, I had my second chat with GFJ for the evening. And it was nice to have someone to speak with while I was driving home.  I was tired and needed a little help to stay awake while driving in the rain. It was good to see my apartment again, and it was good to get comfortable for the rest of the evening....






No comments:

Post a Comment