Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Finally! My car gets its periodic maintenance and safety inspection.

I have held off from doing all but the most needed driving for the past week.  Once my oil life reached 15% and the info warning kept popping up when starting my car, I knew that I wanted to stretch things out until the first business day of the new month. This meant avoiding as much driving as I could, and still keeping up with my social engagements.

- - - - - -

When I awoke this morning, I was groggy. One shouldn't send emails until fully awake, as I accidentally got today mixed up with tomorrow. I thought I was supposed to have lunch with my ex-boss, and asked to confirm this. By the time I hit the "send" key, I realized that lunch was for tomorrow and I had to clarify this with my ex-boss in another email.  (He was good natured about this mistake.) 

Once my adrenaline was kicking my alertness into high gear, I started playing the second video taken of the Court Assistant exam prep class.  It made me realize how lessons I should have remembered from 50 years ago would be needed by me to pass this weekend's exam. It also made me realize how specialized the skills were that I used to earn a living for 30 years.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll get a high enough score on this exam to be called up for a position in the courts.

- - - - - -

Getting moving earlier than I needed to gave me another opportunity. I was able to pick up a bite to eat along the way to the car dealership for service.  This was a smart move, as my car wasn't ready until 3 pm. And with only a cup of yogurt in my system, my stomach would have been growling loudly by the time I was finished. While my papers were being written up, I struck up a long conversation with the service representative about travel. He's a very nice fellow, and I hope that he takes his fiancee to some of the places we covered in our chat. While at the dealership, closing out the paperwork, I received a call from Maria.   It took me a while to get back to her. But she was busy with her grandson and couldn't call back. Too bad she didn't call 15 minutes later when I was free to talk..  At least, she'll call back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment