Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Quickie: The day after the holiday - Sifting through boxes.


As you can see, I have a way to go with my clean out.  I've been able to toss at least a box worth of stuff, get rid of most of what was sitting on top of that dresser, and will soon start attacking what is in the corner between the dresser and the night stand.

- - - - - -

Getting up this morning, I had nothing important to do. So I did nothing until the afternoon, when I started going through the boxes on the dresser and on the storage containers. It takes time to go through everything, as I have a habit of storing paperwork to be filed in small boxes for later filing into a metal filing cabinet - then never getting around to doing so. And I was glad to take this time, as I found information regarding how to verify employment at a former employer that I will need at some future date. There was more important paperwork in these boxes, but nothing worth mentioning here.

Right now, I have a pile the side of 5 of the storage containers in the foreground sitting in the living room for donation.  This pile, along with two boxes of books in the downstairs storage area, and another two boxes of books in my car's trunk have all got to go to the donation bin.  The books will likely go to to the GLBT center, while everything else will go to the Salvation Army.  This way, I can start diversifying who receives my charitable donations.

- - - - - -


Next week, I am supposed to go with Lili when she visits her potential plastic surgeon. This is one time I don't want to go with her, as she will want to go to her family homestead where the fellow who worked on my homestead is now working. This means that I have to be in Mario Mode, and I hate losing a day as Marian.


No comments:

Post a Comment