Thursday, September 7, 2017

Lili doesn't realize how long it takes for me to get ready.

I'll be darned if I can break my late night sleep patterns.  I seem most energized at night, and I easily keep moving until well after 3 am.  What this does for me is make me a perfect candidate for an overnight job when the rest of the world is geared to work during the day.

- - - - - -

Today, I greeted the ringing of my alarms by turning them off and finding myself becoming conscious well after normal people would be getting up. As I was starting to read my morning emails, I received a call from Lili - who was surprised that I wasn't already up and ready to go out.  I told her that it would take about 90 minutes to get ready to see her, and she was a little disappointed about that.  But I said that I could meet her after her therapy session, and she was happy about that.

In a rush, I could be ready in 45 minutes, but I know that things would be overlooked.  For example, I've missed applying blush one day, lipstick another, and even contouring makeup on another day. But this preparation time also includes a shower in which I shave off my visible bodily hair, so that I cal wear a nice dress.

Soon, I'll be able to retire my summer wardrobe for the season. But I've been dealing with an early interseason wardrobe need, as the weather has been cooler than expected for the end of a Summer. Do I retire my Summer wardrobe early?  Or, do I keep things ready for one last blast of hot weather?  It's easy to get dressed when one knows that it will be cold or hot outside. But when the weather is somewhere outside the extremes, it's hard to tell what to wear until you are outside - and then, you are already dressed and outside.

- - - - - -

Luckily, I chose something that would be perfect for the day, and went out to see Lili after her therapy appointment. She told me that her therapist thinks that having her boyfriend move in is a good thing. But I'm not sure about that, given the on again/off again nature of her relationship with him. Since it's not my place to say anything, I let things slide, and hope that she is doing the right thing.

After I was done with Lili, I took a long drive up to Catherine's in Poughkeepsie where I found a nice bra on clearance. And then, it was off to the Avenue in Newburgh where I replaced one of my nighties which fell apart last night. More shopping than I should have done, but worth it for now.  Once I pay off my bills, I'll take care of purchasing another pair of trousers for the cooler weather.

- - - - - -

What I didn't mention so far is that I was within 5 minutes of GFJ without telling her this. She was walking across the Mid-Hudson (former railroad) bridge, and I was leaving Poughkeepsie. Given how she feels about Marian, there was no way that I was going to suggest meeting her.  I'm glad that we cut the cord that bound us, as I don't have to plan my life around her schedule anymore. Mind you, there is a part of me that would have liked for things to work out. But in the end, I don't have to worry about taking care of someone who is a fiscal wreck in my old age. And this may have been a blessing in disguise....


1 comment:

  1. The Sunday before last my wife and I had an afternoon free so we went to do the Walk Across the Hudson. It was a nice day for a nice walk. We did the full loop coming back over the Mid Hudson Bridge. I was exhausted but revived with a wonder meal at the "River Station" Restaurant which is down towards the river on the back side of the train station. Good meal on the outside deck looking at the two bridges over the river.