Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Sometimes, I need a reason to get up in the morning.


When one's sleep cycle is totally screwed up, it's hard to get up early enough to meet someone for lunch. Today, I had to set all of my alarms to get me moving and awake enough to be able to go to lunch with Vicki #2.

- - - - - -

Getting up at 9:am (or before) is normally difficult for me these days, and I do it begrudgingly. Yet, I will do it gladly to see a friend. In this case, I wanted to have enough lead time before meeting Vicki for lunch.  After showering, shaving, making up my face and getting dressed, I barely had enough time to make it to Irvington in time for lunch.  But I needn't have worried. Although I was running late due to taking the Saw Mill River Parkway to the wrong exit, Vicki was also running late. So making it to the Black Cat at a little before 1 pm was not a problem.

Normally, I'm bright eyed and bushy tailed when I meet Vicki. But with the rain and being tired from a lack of sleep, I was not running on all 4 cylinders.  With that being said, we had a nice lunch.  I told her that I'd like to try and introduce her to her namesake - and she gave me ideas about her schedule which may make this possible.  But all too soon, it was time to leave - and I went home for a nap.  On my way out of the place, one of the people from the FFGoWs saw me, and said hello.  (This is the same woman who saw my Marian Mode ad on OK Cupid.)  It was nice to see her, but it was not the right place and time to ask her out for a cup of coffee - if only to build up another friendship as Marian.

- - - - - -

Once at home, my brother called to tell me that the family home is about to be rented. The two interested people accepted our price, and we hope to get things such as credit checks and other paperwork completed by the end of the week - all in time for a September occupancy.  It's about time!  My brother is burnt out from everything, and I can't take on the local tasks to finish up the place.  So we will hire it all out once we receive the security deposit.

- - - - - -

A little later, I drove up to The Avenue in Newburgh. There, I chatted with DD while another lady was trying on outfits she could wear for work and play.  (Damn!  I wish I had her body!) And then, I saw a dress I had to try on.






This dress looked good on me.  But I wasn't going to buy it, as I've been spending way too much money this month.  If I were going to work as Marian, I'd have bought it in a heartbeat. But this is not the case. So I left it on the rack, and bought a Navy Shrug that I knew I needed.

- - - - - -

Next on my list of things to do was a stop at the local Shoprite for groceries. While there, I met V from the church I occasionally attend. We chatted a bit, and then it was time to leave. It seems like the reason I needed to get up was to be with people. And this I accomplished better than expected....






No comments:

Post a Comment