Sunday, August 6, 2017

Saturday night at the movies....


"Saturday night at the movies, who cares what picture we'll see?" 

I still love that tune - and it was fitting for an evening out with the Cat Lady, even though we are not romantically involved.

- - - - - -

The only thing I had on my plate for the day was dinner with the Cat Lady, followed by a movie.  So I didn't bother doing much of anything important during the day except to read and catch up on my electronic correspondence.

Around 3 pm, I started getting ready to go out. And I arrived at the Cat Lady's place shortly after 5 pm.  We were able to have a leisurely German Dinner at what has become one of our standby restaurants, and still make it to a 7:15 showing of "The Big Sick".  It was a very pleasant film, not a great one. It tells the story of a Pakistani man who fells for an American lady - with one key problem: His parents want to arrange a marriage between him and a Pakistani woman.  Yes, it is a story that has a happy ending.  But it gets there via an unusual route, and is well worth seeing.

After the movie, we went back to the Cat Lady's house and talked for a while.  She apologized for not inviting me inside, as she was very tired (which was a blessing tonight, as I forgot to take my allergy pills earlier).  At this point, I bid her goodbye for now, and then drove home.

On the way home, I chatted with Lili.  She was driving home from her son's place in Connecticut. And she forgot the inconsequential request I made of her to look for a certain brand of soda (Diet Moxie) that I found was once sold in Orange Connecticut. I didn't figure that she'd remember this, and I was right. Unless things are familiar to her, she doesn't remember them well.

- - - - - -

As you can guess, I have a true New Yorker's attitude about things.  So when Lili realized that she forgot about the soda I asked for, all I did was to mention the name of this Deli in Peekskill....






No comments:

Post a Comment