Monday, August 7, 2017

Once Upon a Time in the West


The above picture does not do the movie justice.  For those who have not seen it, Once Upon a Time in The West is a Sergio Leone masterpiece that ranks up there with The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.  And this movie was on my schedule for the evening.

- - - - - -

I was awakened by Lili, as she was looking for a shoulder to cry on. Although she has broken up again with her boyfriend, she still feels for the man. Her romance is like an on-off switch that keeps getting flicked up and down. I never know how she will be feeling about the man until I hear her on the phone. Since I was going to the movies later on, Lili's plans to spend a day together were dashed, and I was spared the onus of going out and having a very wet shoulder.

Next was a set of messages from GFJ.  She wants to see me before she goes away on vacation with her sister.  I told her about the movie, and she realized that she had forgotten about my plans for the day.  So we will meet sometime tomorrow and do something.

At this point I was wide awake. And I didn't know what I wanted to do for the rest of the day, save go out to a movie.



- - - - - -

Around 5:15, I started my drive to the Drafthouse. And I settled into my seat a little before 6 pm.  There was one minor glitch that I didn't have to worry about - the ticket I had listed the wrong theater number. This wasn't a problem, as they undersold the venue - and I had a few seats to spread out.  But I'm not sure that I'd have the fish and chips again.  No, the fish and chips were very tasty and I'd have them again at another venue. Unfortunately, when you can't always see what you're eating, it's hard to enjoy a basic mean when it's hard to eat the food.

Did I yet tell you that I was in Mario mode today?  If I had a more feminine face, I would have gone out as Marian sans makeup - as many women would do. But I was lazy, and figured that since I was seeing GFJ tomorrow, another day as Mario wouldn't hurt.  Yet, it was strange in the theater, as this was the second day in a row that I felt strange not having a handbag to put on the seat next to me.  Go figure.

- - - - - -

On the way home, I chatted with GFJ.  I realize that I'd better be a little more careful in keeping things from her.  Although I told the truth that I saw "The Big Sick", I didn't mention that I was with the Cat Lady.  Vicki and Lili want for me to be honest about dating. It's that I'm not ready to do so until we both breach the topic of dating again....

Such is life.





No comments:

Post a Comment