Saturday, August 5, 2017

NPW Cancelled - Now what to do?




This morning, I got an email from NPW asking if we could postpone today's meeting.  I answered that it was not a problem, as I would be available next week.  (What I didn't say was that I didn't do much work on this project, and I hit a creative roadblock.)  So this presented me with a problem - what do I do now?

- - - - - -

One of the things I've wanted to do lately was to go to Coney Island and see the Sideshow by the Seashore and Burlesque by the Beach.  This would mean that I either drive to Brooklyn and kill a bit of time there, or take the subway and ride home late at night.  Well, there is no way that this gal was going to take a late night subway ride, so I immediately crossed that option off my list.

That still left me with both an open day and evening to fill in with activities.  My question still was: What should I do today?

- - - - - -

For the most part, I stayed in and watched TV. Around dinner time, I texted BXM to see what she was up to, and it was nice to find that she was going out on a date. She deserves to be with someone nice. But what about me? What should I do? I still wanted to hang out with someone for a little while, so I called Lili to see if she had eaten yet.

Lili was still feeling a little down in the dumps again, as she had just broken up with her boyfriend again. So we ended up going to the local IHOP for dinner. If it was earlier in the day, I'd have had pancakes. But having French Toast with Maria the other day made me want something other than a flap jack for dinner. So I chose the fried chicken - which was overdone as expected.  It was good to chat with Lili, as I really didn't want to be "too much" alone. (I am not the "Greta Garbo" type, if you get my drift.)  And it was just enough time being with another person to take the edge off of things.

Once done with Lili, I drove to the local Carvel for some ice cream. The reason I note this is not the ice cream, but a woman of my generation I saw there.  She was short and thin and had a few tattoos. What I noticed most is a buzz cropped haircut. Could she have decided to shave it all off?  Or, did she have cancer, and her short hair was a result of chemotherapy?  I'll never know.   But we shared the same name, and I would have loved to chat with her for a while had she not been accompanied by her husband and her grandson.

- - - - - -

On the whole, this was a good day.  Tomorrow, I'll switch back to being Mario for a date with the Cat Lady. And then it's back to being Marian for at least a week or two.  YAY!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment