Friday, August 11, 2017

I lost on a gamble, but it didn't cost much.


A few days ago, I decided to gamble on a "pig in a poke" by buying a $20 "Mystery" dress from ModCloth.com sight unseen. That dress came in today while I was at the GLBT center, and it was a pleasant surprise to see it when I got back home.

- - - - - -

But first...

I took my time in getting up and ready for the day. And I still didn't make it out the door until 2:15, with the idea that I'd arrive at the GLBT center by 3 pm. Well, I was close to making that scheduled arrival, as I arrived a couple of minutes after 3.

They didn't have too much for me to do. The first thing I was assigned to do was to edit a form, so that the salient information would fit on both sides of a large "check sized" piece of paper.  This way, the addressees could respond by sending a check with this slip in another envelope, allowing the GLBT center to save on its printing costs. After a couple of edits, I got this task done, then proceeded to edit their web site to include a new support group. And then I was done for the day.

While there, I heard that a grand jury is being convened in regard to Trump's involvement with Russia. Couple this with congress preparing to create another bill to tie the president's hands in regard to dismissing the special investigator, as they did sanctions on Russia, Iran, and North Korea, and we're seeing the democratic process working to protect America from this tyrant-want-to-be. I'm just not sure if a hamstrung corrupt president is better than a "trustworthy religious zealot" as president.  Either way, the GLBT community loses.

I then drove home and saw the package from Mod Cloth sitting by my door.  Although I couldn't wait to try on this dress, I needn't have rushed to do so - it didn't fit around my waist.  So this was a $20 (plus shipping and tax) gamble that I lost. But I can always donate it to charity and have someone benefit from my losing gamble.

- - - - - -

Next, it was back to lower county, this time to Yonkers for game night. One of our regulars had her sister and her sister's boyfriend in attendance, and we all had a great time. Of course, it was good form to have fun knocking Trump tonight - and I had a series of well oiled, good jokes in hand that made people smile.

Not much more to say, but it was the 3rd day in a row that I've been in Marian Mode, and I expect to be in Marian Mode until Monday.  If the Cat Lady is unavailable then, I will likely stay in Marian Mode for the rest of the week. But if she is available, having a string of 6 days in Marian Mode is a good run!


No comments:

Post a Comment