Friday, July 21, 2017

Quickie: Game Night - I don't always win, but I always seem to have a good time.


Game night in Yonkers.  I don't win often. But I always seem to enjoy myself.  Today was no different....

- - - - - -

When I got up, I did nothing about getting moving. It took me until late afternoon to get showered, made up and dressed. And I ended up going out the door around 6:30 pm. By the time I made it to Panera Bread for dinner, it was about 7:00 - and I was starting to get hungry. So, instead of ordering a "super size" meal as I ordinarily would, I decided on the cup of soup with a half salad. I think that the eating habits that I changed while cruising will stay with me if I reinforce them properly. But I digress....

Once done with dinner, I drove to the meetup. When I arrived, I received a text from YGM. Was I going to game night?  Of course!  So she said she'd be there in 15 minutes. Entering the door, I proceeded to put a bag of potato chips on the counter, and then sat down at the gaming table.  Of course, I totally blew it in the first game, as I didn't even score a single point. AARGH!  But I had a good time.

Although I could have a second game (such as "Code Names"), I sat it out, so that I could chat with YGM. When she got up to play Code Names, I decided to give her and another woman a neck massage while they played the game.  From what I can tell, both ladies enjoyed this relaxing stimulus.

The evening ended too quickly. Yet, all I wanted to do is go home and relax.  Tomorrow will be a busy day, with me going to do some volunteer work, then seeing my niece (and her boyfriend) at the Neue Gallerie. So it's time to get comfortable and relax.



No comments:

Post a Comment