Thursday, June 8, 2017

Quickie: The Payoff (for the cruise)



I wasn't originally thinking of wearing this dress today. But since I couldn't find the other dress I wanted to wear, I made it to wear this dress before going out. What is interesting is that my friends think it looks better on me than I think it does.

- - - - - -

Most of my day was spent being a couch potato. I enjoyed watching TV most of the day, but started to get showered and dressed around 5:00 pm. As I was ready to go out of the house, I got a call from Lili.  She was going to the New Rochelle Amtrak station to pick up her son on the Washington DC/Boston MA run. (He had dropped his wife off in Maryland, so that she could do an internship for several weeks, returning by train and leaving her with a car.) Unfortunately, she had never been to the station before, and needed my input to find him there.

Lili suggested that we meet for dinner, and we went to one of our standby diners - the 202 Diner in Cortlandt Manor. Sadly, this diner has gone downhill. And we only had one good visit in the 3 times we were there. Lili ordered the Beef Stew, and there was hardly any meat in it - 2 pieces. She complained and got more meat. My seafood dinner was forgettable, and her son's Souvlaki plate had some overdone meat. It's a damned shame, but current management is killing what once was a good and reliable diner.

There was no way that I was going to get the lowdown on one announcement that happened before dinner - Lili's Ex is getting divorced. Both Lili and her son wanted to talk about it. But with this news being delivered as they got to the diner, it would have been awkward to discuss this around me before they had the chance to process this information for themselves.

- - - - - -

On the way home, GFJ called - and we talked for a while, making arrangements to see each other tomorrow. I figured that it would be easier for me if we went to Beacon to eat. From there, we can get a little walking in before she has to run off to dinner with one of her friends. Luckily, I got home when I did, as the heavens opened up shortly afterward.  At least the bird poop on my car for the past 2 days will be gone in the morning.




2 comments:

  1. Add me to the list of girls who like the dress on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the food and the service at the 202 diner has gone downhill and the prices have gone up.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete