Saturday, June 24, 2017

Diner Dinner with the FFGoW's


This was not the best of days.  It was wet outside, and I didn't feel much like doing anything. So I relaxed most of the day, and got out the door just in time to make the meetup in Yonkers.

- - - - - -

When I left my house, I knew that I didn't have enough gas to make it home. But being a few minutes late, I figured I'd chance it (the gas level not yet a risk factor) and drive to Yonkers, knowing that I'd have to get gas for the return trip. With the rain falling down, I made it to the meetup a few minutes late, but not late enough to cause much of a disturbance.

There were two new ladies there tonight, and I got to know both of them a little in our chats. One of them works in a hospital (if I recall correctly), and the other works in a school. When I mentioned that I was looking for a job, the second lady passed me information I might be able to use to make the connection I need to find work.  Of course, I thanked her for it, and will likely make the phone call next week.

It was loud in the dining room this week, so it was very hard to hear what was being said at the other end of the table. However, I had no problems with the ladies at my end of the table. And when I found out that one of them needed a ride back home, I figured that I'd give her a lift. I almost forgot that I had offered her a ride as we were leaving. But I'm glad I remembered before I royally screwed up.  On the drive back to her place, I found out that she did not see me as transgender, but saw me as cisgender. And that's exactly what I want other women to see when they see me - just another woman who likes to get together on a regular basis.

- - - - - -

Afterwards, I exchanged some texts with GFJ and found out that she went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. From what I can tell from her texts, she was impressed only by the first floor of the museum.  I can only imagine what she'd feel if she went to the Paley Center - they have virtually no artifacts other than the TV and Radio shows they play for their visitors.  At least, she'll be coming home soon....


No comments:

Post a Comment