Friday, June 2, 2017

Another two days


Yesterday's post was another item that I held off from publishing until I had a day where little of note happened worth recording. It pays to have these pre-written entries, as I like having something new posted on a daily basis. So, today's post will contain another two day's worth of information about my life.

- - - - - -

Wednesday was the first day in over 3 months that I could stay in bed all day if I wanted. My last PMP Prep class was last Wednesday, and I took care of the two remaining quizzes for the class today. (Tomorrow is the "Post-Test" that evaluates how much we've learned via this class, and the weekend will have me taking a simulated 4 hour PMP exam.) The remaining work for this class must be complete by next Tuesday, and I don't plan to let anything get in my way except for a death in the family.

As you might guess, I didn't bother getting out of my jammies today. I owed a phone call to Lili, as I had to confirm that I was going to go on the cruise with her. Calling her back was not at the top of my list of things to do. Instead, I confirmed that I will be able to miss the first speech therapy session geared to help me speak with a more feminine voice. And then I took it easy - as if I weren't doing so already.

By the time I thought about Lili, it was late in the afternoon. She was a little upset at me for not confirming things with her, but I told her a little white lie - that I received word that I'd be OK missing the first speech therapy session late in the afternoon. I told her to make the reservations, and will be bringing her the cash to pay for my cabin sometime in the next couple of days. Although I didn't go out of my apartment, I received a package from The Avenue. The aqua swimsuit coverup came in the mail, as well as a pair of shoes being closed out for $10. Now I'm almost ready to go on that cruise.

- - - - - -

Thursday was a dreary day, and I blew off going to the GLBT Center. (I'll make a call to tell them I'll be in next week.) I was not in the mood to get showered and dressed, so I spent the morning and early afternoon watching the idiot box. Although I could have gone to the center in the late afternoon, I received paperwork from Lili in regard to the cruise we're going on - and wanted to make sure that all the data was correct while we had a month to correct things.

Once I was done with the paperwork, I got showered and dressed - and it was off to game night. Since I was running late, I wanted to pick up something for the meetup. So I went to Stew Leonard's to pick up a large bag of tortilla chips and a bite to eat. I could have picked up a large pre-made pastrami sandwich. Instead, I picked up some lobster rolls. YUM!

I got to game night a little bit late, and only was able to play one game. This wasn't as bad as it sounded, as my back was aching a little and I wanted to go home and get comfortable. On the way home, I was chatting with GFJ about our upcoming plans. She was going to be in Peekskill tomorrow night, while I couldn't be sure of where I'd be because of NYC traffic jams on the way home from the city. There was no way that I was going to suggest that she come over on Friday, as my plans for Saturday were to have dinner with the Cat Lady. Sunday and Monday were booked for both of us, and the following weekend she had chauffeur duties to pick her son up at the airport. Now that we have been apart for over 3 months, we no longer bother to synchronize our schedules. And I doubt that either of us will want to do so again given recent history. The big question is: Why are we still chatting on an almost daily basis?

When one doesn't have to go to an office in the morning, it's much easier to take advantage of the quiet of late night shopping. Since I wouldn't get home until after the supermarket down the hill from me had closed, I figured that I'd make a two stop detour. First was Walmart, where I met one of the employees who I've befriended and exchanged phone numbers. Next was to Shoprite, where I picked up assorted foods that had to stay refrigerated.  Yes, it was out of my way. But this Shoprite is the only supermarket in the area open until 1:00 am.

I'll bet you can guess one thing I'll miss when/if I go back to work.....










No comments:

Post a Comment