Monday, May 29, 2017

Yet another day at the old homestead


Yes, it's another day at the old homestead, and my presence was needed more for moral support than for anything else. But I was glad to give it, as I want for the house to be done and rented out as soon as possible.

- - - - - -

Unlike the last time that I had to be on schedule, my brother was much more relaxed about things. So, when I called him around noon to tell him I was on my way, he wasn't that concerned. And when I called him around 1 pm to tell him that I was stuck approaching the bridge, again, he was relaxed when I called. So when I got to his place a little after 2 pm, he knew that I was fighting traffic and wasn't upset at me. (After a couple of bridge crossings of his own, I think he understands why I try to limit the number of times I visit Long Island.)

We got to the family homestead around 2:30, and started moving things into the basement, into the eaves, and into the North side bedroom (for staging). Once the South side bedroom was clear, my brother and I started to paint the room. There was not as much paint in the barrel as we thought, and we ended packing up things around 5:00. At this point, we went back to his house where I stayed until the end of "Breakfast at Tiffany's".

- - - - - -

Once I was done with my brother, I contacted RO - and met her at her place.  We went to a nearby restaurant that we both enjoyed, TR's, and had a good meal together. I told her about Lili and Kleinfeld's, with the formal ceremony next year, and RO said she'd gladly accompany me to the proceedings.  She doesn't care how I present, as she enjoys me as both Mario and as Marian.

After dinner, the two of us hung out in front of her house, and were having fun BSing, and playing videos from sites such as Improv Everywhere". She almost wet herself when watching "Movies in real life - When Harry Met Sally." And if I didn't see this video many times before, I'd have died laughing right there.

All too soon, it was time to go home. And again, I had to deal with horrible traffic getting to the Bronx. At least, once I got there, I had clear sailing all the way home.


No comments:

Post a Comment