Monday, May 1, 2017

This time, a day as Marian, followed by a day as Mario



Let's start this post by talking about Saturday. This was a day that I spent most of the day time hours in bed doing nothing but rest. Are you surprised?  But for the better part of the day, I had a GI Tract ailment that caused me problems that kept me near a toilet.  When I finally felt safe to go anywhere, it was already after 6 pm. And there was one place I knew I could go - a birthday party that Fran (pictured above in her blue dress) was holding for Kelly.
I hemmed and hawed before going out, and I had one of those "I have nothing to wear" moments. and I settled on a simple patterned top over a black skirt - something very conservative, and appropriate for an office had I been going to one.

When I got near Fran's house, I gave her a call to make sure that the party was still going - and she said to come on over. Of course, this is when some dullard had to crash into another car on the Hutchinson River Parkway (not mine) and block all traffic coming from the Hutch and the Cross County Parkways. So it took me another 20 minutes to make it to the exit, and another 10 minutes to pick up some "hard soda" (think of Ginger Ale or Orange Soda infused with lots of tasty alcohol). At least the party was still active when I arrived. It was a good party, but I was glad the bathroom was vacant when I needed it most. The GI Tract ailment that bothered me earlier in the day came back with a vengeance. And I was glad that I wasn't keeping anyone from using the facilities when I needed them most.

Eventually, I got back to the party and had something to eat. Most of the food was gone by the time I arrived, and that was just as well. I didn't need to overeat. While checking my phone, GFJ sent me a message. Her mom was in the hospital again, and she was cancelling the rest of her trip to Atlantic City. (I can only guess what her friend was feeling.) So, GFJ made the trip up to Danbury to be with her sister and mom, while came home to write my blog, stufy a little, then fall asleep.

- - - - - -



Sunday came, and I couldn't wake up if my life depended on it.  It didn't help that I couldn't get to sleep until 4 am again. So my brother had to wait for me.  We had to put up Sheetrock in two separate areas, and this was going to be a chore.  Unfortunately, I woke up late, and my brother said "Don't Bother - come next week."  So I ended up visiting my dad for a couple of hours before driving home. 

Before I left Long Island, I decided to stop by the family homestead and see how things looked.  My brother had moved all the furniture aside upstairs, so that we could Sheetrock the bedroom we were going to use for storage. Then I saw a 50 y/o Pachinko machine that I used to play with, and I decided to bring it home and try to get it working again. Picking up this machine means that I will need to pick up a couple of lantern batteries, so that I could make a 12 volt circuit to light up the machine, and then to take some time to get the machine working again - if it's possible to do so.

On the way home, I stopped by Home Depot, but could only find some wire there. (I was too lazy to go through my boxes to find the wire I used for my old stereo system.) But I couldn't find lantern batteries there, so after a brief stop at home, I went to Walmart to pick them up. Now that I know that I can get the lights working, I have to figure out how the rest of the machine works. That should keep me occupied when I have nothing better to do.

Later in the evening, I texted my brother that the only day that I could make it down next weekend would be Saturday, as I have the Arts Westchester activity to go to on Sunday. He won't like it, but he'll take whatever time I can give him if he wants my help. At the same time, I exchanged some emails with the Cat Lady, and tentatively agreed to get together on Friday evening. Hopefully, she won't be too tired after a full day of work.









No comments:

Post a Comment