Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Quickie: A short, wet day out as Marian






If I could have avoided it, I wouldn't have gone out today. The sky was overcast, and heavy rains were expected to start for the evening rush hour. But, I had a last appointment with NPWJ in Tarrytown, and I didn't want to disappoint her by not meeting her before the move of NPW to Mount Kisco.

This was not the day to go out in a dress and thin stockings. But I did so anyway, as I needed to get out the door, and I didn't have much time to make sure my clothes perfectly fit the day outside. So I made it to NPW 15 minutes late, but this wasn't a problem - NPWJ was even later than I was for our meeting. At least, we had the conference room booked for 12:30 to 2:00. We covered a lot of stuff in the meeting, but only had a limited amount of stuff to take care of afterwards. I don't expect to see NPW until well into May, given that it will take some time to get back to normal after the move. And this is just as well for me. 

Alhough I had arranged to see Pat after the meeting, I bailed out on it, claiming that my back was killing me. The reality is that I needed to take care of some studying, and I couldn't do it and see Pat. Did I do much studying?  No. But I was able to stay relatively dry when the rains were supposed to arrive.  

No comments:

Post a Comment