Sunday, May 28, 2017

Pot luck dinner with the girls


Tonight is Pot Luck Dinner, Chapter 2.  The pot stickers I made the other day are ready to be nuked, and because they are pork filled, should be nuked until hot as hell. Pork is something that I learned has to be overcooked to be safe, and I should have chosen a safer meat to put in my pot stickers.

- - - - - -

Shortly after getting up, I was awakened by Lili, asking me to meet her for lunch so she could vent about her boyfriend. I told her that I could make it to the diner by 2:30 or so, but she needed to meet me at 2, because she expected her small stomach to be growling loudly by then. Right after taking my shower, I knew that I was going to be on a tight schedule, but wasn't worried about being there on time until...    Until, that is, Vicki called.

Vicki's dad has been living on his own, and is almost as old as my dad. He was in failing health, so Vicki and her husband have been doing things for him that he would have done when he was younger - such as food shopping. Recently, due to a combination of events, he is in the hospital, one step away from getting a tracheotomy. His lungs are filled with crap, and his breathing is being assisted by machine. Vicki doesn't feel that her dad's long for this world, and her brother feels the same way. So he and his wife are coming up to see their dad while he still can recognize them.

When Vicki called, she apologized for being out of touch, and I told her not to worry. I've known her long enough to know that she had to have had other more pressing matters to be concerned with. (That put her at ease.) What I didn't say is that I was preoccupied by a bunch of little things, and that she was furthest from my mind. (Nothing bad about her. It's just that I was focused elsewhere.) We talked for about 30 minutes, and this made me late for lunch with Lili - or so I thought. I was able to get made up, dressed, and out the door in time to make it to the diner a few minutes before Lili arrived.

- - - - - -

Meeting Lili at the diner, she proceeded to talk about her boyfriend. She has a hard decision to make. He accepts her with all of her faults, and makes her feel good whenever he's with her - except in bed. And that's where the trouble lies. I won't go into any details here, but extreme discomfort is part of the problem. She is not sure if she should leave him, and I can only listen to her, and feed her with an idea or two to think about.

I double checked that the trip to Kleinfeld's is next Friday, and found out when she has to be there.  She will encounter a lot of traffic, knowing that it is Memorial Day weekend. But it should be worth it for me to go with them, if only to have the privilege of being with a woman as she chooses her bridal gown.

- - - - - -

After I was done with Lili, I went back home and used my Silk'n Flash & Go on my arms, legs, and chest. I'm not sure if I'm able to see any results yet. But if I see some by the end of the Summer, I'll be happy that I purchased this device for laser hair removal. Hopefully, this investment will pay off, as I don't want to go back for expensive laser treatments when some of my hair is starting to turn gray.

Once done with my hair removal routine, I nuked the pot stickers, and made ready for dinner with the FFGoW's. I got there "on-time" which for me meant about 5 minutes late. And yet, everyone had already started to eat. (One thing I can say about WPB - she must have been a stickler about clock watching.) We nuked the pot stickers some more, and served them to to the gals at the table.

We gabbed quite a bit, and I had to make sure that I backed off when the chat came to politics. WPB and I look at this GOP mess very differently, and I didn't want to go too far in voicing the nuances of how I feel, as it could be disruptive. But the conversation was not all about politics, and I can say that I feel that all of the ladies were having a good time.

- - - - - - 

When I left, I called my brother. He will need a little help tomorrow in regard to moving stuff to the basement. But he realizes that I don't need to be there to get the rental permit application in to the town hall - he can and will send it by mail. (Yay - One more trip I don't have to make!!!)

Who knows? I might get to spend 5 days in a row as Marian next week.


4 comments:

  1. Joining a bride at Kleinfelds would be lovely...I'm a bit envious! Can't wait to hear how it went...

    M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will shortly.... It was fun, though the trip home was during a bad rush hour.

      Delete
    2. I may get a chance to do something like that...for my granddaughter, who's 19 months old. But I gotta live that long first! LOL!

      Delete
    3. Mandy -

      The more I go out as Marian, the more I experience things that a cisgender woman might experience. I've had some experiences that cisgender males often never have that make me as a transgender woman appreciate (in my small taste of the experience) what cisgender women experience.

      M

      Delete