Friday, May 19, 2017

Game night, and all went well today.


No, I am not getting married. But I will soon be with Lili's daughter in law as she shops for the formal wedding dress that she will wear to a public ceremony being held to please the relatives. And Lili has invited me to go with her as her daughter in law shops for a gown at Kleinfeld's.

- - - - - -

Last night was another night that I didn't put my CPAP mask on. However, when I woke up after a couple of hours of sleep, I put the mask on and fell back to sleep for another two or three hours. And I felt much better than the day before, as restful sleep did recharge me for another busy day.

When I finally got moving, I sent a note off to the GLBT Center telling them I wouldn't be in today. Since key people wouldn't be there due to an off site conference, it didn't make sense for me to go in. And then, I realized that I was supposed to see YGN. So I postponed that in order to drop in on Lili at the Mall. Lili had some jewelry for me, and she made a big deal about gift exchanges. Unlike Lili, I'm not really into the exchange of gifts, as I have almost all the possessions I could reasonably want. I'd rather spend my time with a friend, helping out that friend when he/she needs help, and not waste our monies on gift exchanges that only serve to make other people a profit.

Lili realizes that we look at the world differently. She still hopes that I will find someone who wants me as Marian, and I keep telling her that being part of a couple isn't as important to me as it is for her. I've enjoyed having my weekends for myself - even though I would have probably enjoyed them as much had GFJ been around.  Towards the end of my visit, Lili mentioned that at the end of the month that she and her daughter in law are going to Kleinfeld's for wedding dress shopping - and I got invited to go with them. This is going to be fun! I only wish it were me shopping for that special dress.

- - - - - -

When I was done with Lili, I made my way to lower county. First was a stop at Panera Bread. GFJ called me while I was eating, and I returned the call when I was done. Strangely enough, she was at another Panera location eating her dinner at the same time. Next, it was a quick call to my brother, and it looks like we only have the last two panels of Sheetrock to take care of before we can get a signoff on the building inspection.

Once done with my phone calls, I walked into game night, and everyone was surprised that I was there early. We played some games, but I lost every one I played. However, I was able to avoid playing with "N", as there was no one who wanted to play "King of Tokyo" with him. I was glad he left early, as he tends to spook me out. However, the new girl in the group was here for the third time, and she brings a needed female face to the gathering.  She's young enough to be my daughter, but I like her as a person, not as a potential partner. So I think she'll always bring a smile to my face when I see her there.









No comments:

Post a Comment