Thursday, May 11, 2017

Back in the classroom again.


I have to admit, I've fallen behind in my classwork and must catch up. I'm not worried, as I should be able to find the time to do so before the next class.

- - - - - -

When I got up this morning, I started to do the on-line quizzes for my class. And I only got through one and a half of them, as the second unit was much more intensive than the first. This means that I'll have to prepare to allocate more time for the next unit, as it is calculation intensive.

Patty texted me to let me know that she was going to be in Westchester today, and wanted to know if I'd like to be a passenger on her ride to NYC. Of course, I said yes, as I wouldn't have to deal with finding a spot near the subway station and then taking the slow ride into the city. So when I reached the train station (having parked my car for my return ride home), Patty was running late. After 15 years of not being together, she no longer had information about my neighborhood in implicit memory. This resulted in her taking an extra 15+ minutes to reach me, and also resulted in us not having much time to eat before class due to NYC traffic.

One thing of note about the drive into NYC: Steve kept "butt dialing" his phone and ringing Patty. She was getting quite annoyed, as she'd rather have kept focusing on our conversation instead of trying to speak with someone who could  not hear his phone. I can only imagine how she feels, knowing that Steve does this all the time while walking the dogs.

Class went smoothly, after a minor headache. The teacher couldn't get the classroom projector to work. So we ended up in the vacant classroom next door. I'm not looking forward to the catch up homework I have to do this weekend. But at least I'll have time to do this on Sunday evening.

- - - - - -

On the way home, I noticed that I may have come down with a mild cold. As long as it doesn't get worse, I'll keep on with my plans to see YGM on Sunday and come home the following day. Keep your fingers crossed for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment