Saturday, May 20, 2017

A day with the Doctor and a night with the Cat Lady.


My doctor is not female. But I want to see young girls aspire to the same things as young boys do.

- - - - - -

When I got up this morning, I was tired. And I was dreading the usual lecture from my doctor telling me to eat better, exercise more, and to lose weight. So when I got to his office this morning, I was very surprised that there was virtually no one in his office. He seems to have gotten a new physician's assistant, but she was not around for me when I arrived. 

I ended up waiting for the doctor for a while, and he was busy even though there was one other patient in the office. It seems like he was getting a lot of calls today, and only had the time to check my blood pressure. Luckily, it was a little lower than in the past, and he mentioned that I could halfsies on one of my medicines. But I now have to watch out for the early stages of a fatty liver. AARGH.

After leaving the doctor's office, I went home and did some laundry. Someone was using one of the machines, so I had to sequence my loads to get everything done before my planned visit to have dinner with the Cat Lady.

- - - - - -

Once done with laundry, I took care of a few things around the apartment, and started driving to New Jersey. Once safely back in cell phone land (taking the Bear Mountain Bridge leads me through several dead spots), I called GFJ to see what she was doing. And I found out that she was heading to her massage guy because she was having trouble with her back, and this was causing her problems walking up and down the stairs. (I'm also having stair problems, and it's because my knees are bothering me. I really need to lose weight.) Luckily, she ended the call before reaching the masseuse, as I didn't have that much to say after that.

Reaching the Cat Lady, we were off to the same restaurant we went to last time. This time, she picked out the wine. After being seated, she asked to be reseated, as the lady behind her was wearing too strong a perfume. We had a long conversation (she did 80% of the talking), and both of us noticed the salt in the food.  This time, I was unimpressed with the service, as they weren't attentive enough. (Last time, they were over attentive.) I'm not sure if the owner has her staffing right between the two rooms of the restaurant. However, it was much more quiet, and we didn't have to shout over the noise (once the place got busy) to hear each other speak. Eventually the Cat Lady had to go to bed, so I took her home to rest. This was not a night where she had much energy after 9:30 - 10 pm or so. I made sure that she could see her way into her house, and then left for home. 

All in all it was a good day. But I know one thing - if the Cat Lady wants to take things to the next level, I will tell her about being transgender up front and see how she reacts.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment