Wednesday, April 19, 2017

The beginning of the week, and falling prey to lethargy



An unmade bed.  Something which is a common sight in my place, except when the cleaning lady comes to do her magic.

- - - - - -

This week started very slowly. I could have done some studying - I didn't do that.  I could have done laundry - I didn't do that. I could have gone out en-femme - and I didn't do that. All I did was lay around in bed and watch TV.  Was this a bad thing to do?  Probably, if one is thinking for the long term. But right now, lethargy rules - especially when the weather is in the high 70's, and my apartment is at least 10 degrees warmer than that.

I need to start hustling to find work soon. But I really want to live my life as Marian, and I'm ambivalent about finding work as Mario. My friends know my dilemma, and they all want me to look for work as Marian, and get on with living my life in the way I want to live it. Yet, I'm going to give the possibility of finding work as a PMP at least one more year, as I don't want to see my potential Social Security benefits drop much further.

So, when I couldn't sleep this night, I started to do something proactive - I took the first of "many" quizzes needed to pass the PMP class. And I did terrible on the first go round. The next time, the answers came easily, in part because I remembered why I made my mistakes.  Unfortunately, I'm behind several weeks in quizzes, and I will have to develop a plan to catch up somewhat in the next week or so.

- - - - - -

Tuesday started a little better for me, as I had a reason to get out of the house - I had to pick up my tax paperwork, so that I could mail out checks by the weekend. So I was showered, dressed, and out of the house shortly before noon.

As expected, driving to Corona wasn't that bad. But weekday parking was a big pain in the back, as I could only find a convenient parking spot about 4 blocks away. (Convenience in this area means that I don't have to get up and feed a meter every 30-60 minutes.)  I didn't mind parking this distance away in the daytime, as the neighborhood is relatively safe when the sun is out. Of course, I was still surprised to see the door opened wide when I arrived at the office, as it is normally much cooler when I get my taxes done. But with a temperature over 80 degrees out, it was nice to have a breeze cooling the place instead of a noisy air conditioner doing the job. 

Now, I was hoping to make a connection with a former blogger after getting my taxes done. Unfortunately, her wife took ill, and she had to rush to her wife's side the night before. So that left me free to go home and get some rest. Unlike road conditions I saw 2 hours beforehand, all the traffic backups at the Whitestone bridge were gone, and I had smooth sailing on my way back home.

Although I was free to go out en-femme for the evening, I decided not to do so. I still had my studying to do for class, and I wanted to catch up on some of that study.







No comments:

Post a Comment