Monday, April 17, 2017

Opening up a weekend


Saturday came, and I was again free to do what I wanted. And given GFJ's movie recommendation, I put The Zookeeper's Wife on my list of things to see this weekend. But first, I must talk about my plans for Saturday and Sunday to put things into perspective.

- - - - - -

Saturday morning came, and I didn't have much energy to do anything. I should have been studying for class, but it was all I could do to muster the energy to get out of bed. Eventually, I looked at the clock and realized that I had to start moving if I wanted to make it to the FFGoW meetup at WPB's house.

I'm glad that I put the Brownies I baked on Friday by the door, as I would have forgotten them in the rush out the door. And rush I did, as I was running about 15 minutes late to WPB's place. Luckily, I made it early enough to enjoy dinner while it was "sort of" hot, and it was fun seeing all the ladies again.






There were more people there, but I didn't get any pictures. Given WPB's aversion to having pictures taken of her, I didn't include a picture of her here. We all enjoyed a sumptuous feast, and I enjoyed receiving compliments for my brownies.  One day, if I ever get a picture that truly flatters her, I will post it here - if only to give you an idea of what she looks like.

After being with the ladies for 3 hours, I figured that I might as well take the drive up to Mohegan Lake, and see The Zookeeper's Wife.  Yes, it's another one of those holocaust movies with a happy ending. But it is well done, and worth the time and effort I made to see this film.

- - - - - -

Sunday came, and I "hit the snooze bar" on all my alarms. When I finally got moving, I realized that I was going to be late for my trip into the city with HWV, and I called her to keep her appraised of my status. Even though I got out of the house 30 minutes late, we still had more than enough time to go have brunch then see "Church and State" afterwards.  I highly recommend the play - it is relevant for today's times, and it had solid performance from each of its leading characters.



Once we were done with the play, we walked over to Times Square, and then went for a drink before going home. Both of us chatted up the waitress, knowing that any chit chat we made was friendly chat among females, and nothing more than that. We dawdled over drinks and nachos for almost 90 minutes - and we were enjoying the food, the drinks, and the people walking in front of the tavern. As much as the citrus martinis we were drinking went down smooth and slow, I wasn't going to go for a third without a dinner between the drink and the drive home. So we paid the bill and drove home.

Both HWV and I had a great time, and both of us hope to do something like this again soon. She's a great person to have as a friend, and I'm glad that I opened up to her a while back....











No comments:

Post a Comment