Sunday, April 23, 2017

I wasn't sure of what to talk about first


I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad.  And I'm not sure of what I should talk about today. So I'll start with a mention of my status with GFJ.  She mentioned that she was going to Atlantic City with one of her girlfriends, and I made a comment that we should do something like that soon - and there was silence. She gave me the answer I was waiting for, without having to say anything. Is this such a bad thing?  Probably not.  If she couldn't deal with me being trans, it's time that the relationship should end. But I don't expect that she will say anything until we meet on Thursday for an early dinner. (I wasn't going to foul up Tuesday with the Cat Lady just to get official bad news from GFJ.) And in many ways, I'd prefer not to bother with that dinner unless she is going to say something pleasant.

- - - - - -

The next topic for the day is my niece. We had arranged to meet at the Guggenheim for the beginning of the "Pay what you will" Saturday evening. And though we were on time, the line stretched around the block. Yet, once the doors opened, the line moved quick and we were inside by 6 pm.

We went to the top level and worked our way down the ramp, seeing many works of modern art that held my interest. She and I are kindred spirits. Neither of us believe the propaganda coming out of the right wing news outlets, and we both know to challenge the "news" coming out of the outlets we get our news from. We both fear what is going to happen in this country, but this was far from the focus of our conversation.

This is the first time I've had the chance to talk about her beau (who currently lives in London), her marital plans (not yet on the horizon), her options for childbearing (she is not ready to have a child, but wants to have that option if she chooses), and her parents (poor matches for each other, and part of the reason that she is being careful about the first three topics). Although she is young, she is wise beyond her years, and I am envious of her - as she has her whole life ahead of her.

Both of us liked the picture below, and thought that capturing the viewer of the art in the snapshot made this a great shot.  What do you think?


Next is a shot of my niece. She liked this shot of her looking at the mobile, as it puts the art and the viewer into perspective. (Some art wouldn't exist if it weren't for the people who view it.)


And lastly, I liked this shot of her - for reasons similar to the photo above.


She has given me permission to show her face and talk about her by name in this blog. So you may find better shots of her (and of us together) in the future.

For some reason, both of us breezed through this museum way too quickly. (I figure that she really wanted to go to a party out on Long Island, and she felt that her aunt Marian would understand. (I did, and might have been doing the same thing in her shoes.) So we took the 5th Avenue bus downtown (it was much slower than the Madison Avenue bus I took to get there). Around Rockefeller Center, I bid her a fond adieu, and proceeded to kill some time before seeing "Sex Tips for a Straight Woman from a Gay Man." (Believe it or not, I have a copy of this book, having been given a copy years ago at an Eulenspiegel Society meeting.)

- - - - - -

Once at the theater, the elevator wasn't working. So I had to climb the stairs to the second floor.  Did I say "Second Floor?"  Although it was marked as a "second floor", one had to walk up the equivalent of 6 flights of stairs to reach the theater. And then, when I got to the top, I was a little winded - but I still had to wait to take my seat, as one lady was taking care of ticket problems for her group of 5 ladies.




Looking at the first of the three pictures above, you'll see that the background is set up to make a joke regarding the book discussion (Raame --- Ram Me, as they used for the acronym.)  The second shot had an audience participant (on the right) being there as a foil for the jokes involving the two cast members. And the last shot has three female audience members doing air sex handjobs.  Now, there were two parties of women there: the first being ladies celebrating one woman's 60th birthday (she's bent over on the left) and the other being a bachelorette party (one woman from that party is on the right).  The 60 year old gave the best air sex handjob.






This picture is the one other audience member who got on stage. She had fun giving him a massage, as well as using a tickler where it wasn't supposed to go.  Could you imagine if this T-Gal had been called upstage to perform in either skit?

I highly recommend this piece of fluff. It's way too short, as I wished the fun could've lasted longer than it did.

- - - - - -

Then it was time to go home.  I'm going to get out of the habit of being in contact with GFJ, as once she (by her silence) told me that we were no longer going to be lovers, I no longer wanted to share parts of my life with her.  I "kind of" knew that this would happen a while back.  When she never accepted my help in things such as being driven to/from her colonoscopy, I knew that she didn't want to open up and trust me to take care of her.  Yes, I'm in contact with Lili almost every day. But we never shared a certain intimacy that GFJ and I once had.  In many ways, I feel she was looking for an excuse to end the relationship for a while, as I caught a message directed to her by one of her friends telling her that she could do better than me. (This sounds much like what Lili has been telling me to do about GFJ.) So now she has it - but I don't think I want to be in regular contact with someone who didn't really want me.

Of course, I'll go through the motions of seeing her next week, so that she can say what she wants to say. But I might find an excuse not to do so - simply because everything has already been said and done....








No comments:

Post a Comment