Monday, April 24, 2017

Happy Easter!


It'll be a week after Easter by the time this post is published, so I'm wishing all my readers a belated happy holiday. 

- - - - - -

It's been a long time since I've gone to church. And I figured that I'd wear the above outfit out and finally get some mileage out of a dress I purchased late last Summer. So, when 8:30 am came around, I decided to quickly get showered, shaved and dressed - and out the door for a 10 am mass. And I'm glad I did.

There is never much to be said for a mass, save for the timeless familiarity in its rituals and its traditions. They can be comforting, even for those people who aren't that religious. Yet, if I could have whipped my cell phone out quick enough, I could have gotten a picture that would be the definition of cute: Two little girls pulling a "Radio Flyer" wagon, picking up offerings of food for the needy.

When services ended, the congregation gathered in the parish hall for an Easter Celebration. Finger food was being served with a little bit of bubbly, while the little children were being entertained by an Easter Egg hunt on the front lawn. I got into conversations with several people, one of whom was also called to Jury Duty - and picked to serve on that 18 month impanelment.  At least he has only had to report in for one followup session so far.  After that, I ended up chatting with a woman who made an effort to talk with me (that if I were in male mode, I'd assume she's interested in me for purposes other than friendship). We were getting along very well, and we exchanged contact information with each other.

By the time I left the church, it was getting warm outside, and I'd have never made it into the city on time to see a last Sunday Matinee associated with the "20 at 20" special. So, I decided to go home and change out of the dress, and get into something more comfortable and appropriate for a casual Sunday.  And then, I stayed home for the rest of the day, as there was nothing else that I wanted to do....


No comments:

Post a Comment