Wednesday, April 26, 2017

As much as I try to get up early....



My plans for the day were to do some studying, and then go out and see the Cat Lady for a leisurely afternoon. But I didn't get to sleep until 4:00 am last night, the Cat Lady was also up all night (issues on her side), and both of us agreed to meet for dinner - all by several asynchronous emails.  The lack of immediacy in email is an asset, as replies can be at leisure, and no one need be awakened in the middle of the night.

- - - - - -

So when I finally got up and moving around noon, the Cat Lady was already on her way to the doctor, and to take care of errands she had to do. And again, via emails, we arranged to have dinner at the same German restaurant we ate at the last time we were together.

On the way over to see the Cat Lady, I got a call from my brother. We were interrupted by dead zones from Annesville Circle to well past the Bear Mountain bridge. But it was a good call, as we discussed many things - including my brother's relationship with his kids. And as I was just about to reach the Cat Lady's house, I received a call from GFJ. We had a nice chat, but I wasn't about to tell her where I was and what I was doing. So I said that I was driving towards the Bronx - just in case she wanted for us to get together before Thursday.

Once done with my phone calls, I went to the Cat Lady's house (which was around the corner from where I stopped to chat with GFJ) and picked her up for dinner. Both of us enjoyed a nice German dinner, and then we went back to her place to chat. (This time, I'm very glad that I took my allergy pill before going there - I was able to avoid the strong allergic reaction I had the last time I was inside her house.)  If any of you are thinking anything, it was just chat, and there was no hanky-panky going on. I was keeping options open, while things are still up in the air with GFJ.

- - - - - -

Eventually, it was time to go home. And I was in no rush to make it across the river. So I took the side roads back into New York, intersecting with roads I used to use when seeing an ex girlfriend of 30+ years ago, and a former female friend from 20 years ago. Although I could see nothing, I was able to relax a little before hitting the highway needed to cross the river and go home.


No comments:

Post a Comment