Tuesday, April 11, 2017

A visit to Pat






This is an old shot of me taken at Pat's place. Pat and I go way back - at least 15 years or so. And she's in darned good shape for a 77 year old woman. Hopefully, she'll make it to 100.

- - - - - -

Over the years, I've learned that she believes that all the problems in the world are caused by conspiracies, and that we will all get hosed by the elites who run the world.  Although there are merits to some of what she says, the belief that one can get 400 or so powerful people to keep 7,500,000,000 people in line is a little far fetched.  If you can't explain the mechanism of how this is done, you can't realistically believe that someone who believes in the scientific method will believe you.  Heck, she even believes in the "Chemtrails" conspiracy. And this conspiracy was debunked ages ago....

I figured that after today's Arts Westchester meeting, that I would try to reach Pat, and then try to visit her. And I was finally able to reach her after a couple of weeks of non contact. So we agreed to meet after she got home from the supermarket and catch up on things.

My original plans were to say hi to Pat, and then drive to the subway station where I could trek into the Theater District and see an off-Broadway play. Well, our conversation lasted much longer than expected, as we covered many things - including her daughter, and Pat's health issues. Although Pat is a reasonably healthy senior citizen, she told me that she has a chronic health problem which needs frequent monitoring. I am only one of a handful of people who know about this issue, of which her two daughters have no clue. And I hope that she can die of old age, instead of having her life cut short by this ailment.

Of course, I never made it to the theater, but I spent the day well....

  

No comments:

Post a Comment