Friday, March 10, 2017

We're in the home stretch


The most important thing I had on my schedule was game night in Yonkers. Everything else, I could blow away, or put off for another day.

- - - - - -

When I got up this morning, I didn't have much energy to do much of anything.  (Is this getting to sound familiar?)  So I stayed in bed until late in the morning, and then moved slowly for the rest of the day.  Since I had my scheduled volunteer session at the GLBT Center, I sent them an email telling them I'd be in tomorrow.

Once I sent this email, I didn't have to get moving until late in the day.  Just before I was to go out to game night, my brother called me to catch up on things and tell me the status of what is going on at the family homestead.  So I didn't get out until a half hour after I wanted.  For once, I had more than enough time to make it to game night on time. One thing of note from this chat - both of us think that the stock market is a bubble waiting to burst, and we both need early bailout plans.

As usual, I didn't win any of the games I played.  For the most part, I play for fun, and not to win. What was unusual, is that all the men were in one room, and us women were in the other.  At the time we normally break up, the guys were still going strong with their game. So us gals got into chatting.  Somehow, I ended up saying that I had a picture of me taken from when I was a kid, and the hostess said that she'd love to see that. I ended up searching for a picture that I scanned over 8 years ago, and showed a picture of me and my brother together as children.  The ladies know I'm trans, and this was the first time I felt comfortable sharing part of my male life with them.  But I trust these ladies, and that's the important thing here.

- - - - - -

On the way home, I had the chance to chat with GFJ, and we both have the same feeling about the stock market.  Her mom's financial person also feels that the bubble is going to burst soon, so it is imperative that I find a safe place to park my 401k money now....



No comments:

Post a Comment