Saturday, March 18, 2017

Some thoughts on GFJ, then Mexican dinner with the gals


Last night I got a message from GFJ saying that I could call her late in the evening.  Given that I was tired and not wanting to say anything rash, I decided not to call her. This morning. I sent her an email saying that I had a splitting sinus headache the night before and asked how she was doing. I figured that this would be enough of an opening for her to contact me, and yet not make it sound that I was desperate.

I have no idea of what she wanted to talk about.  Was she lonely?  Did she want to shut down all communications? Did she want to say that she thought about things I said and wanted to talk about them?  At this time, I do not know, and am not sure if I care. I'm not the type of person who falls in love easily, and I think I have done so maybe three times in my life. So I don't want to be in a position where this woman could break my heart again.

With the above being said, I think my readers may begin to understand why I am not looking for new relationships - as Lili would have me do.  In a conversation WDJ and I recently had, she noted that companionship was much more important than sex. (What else does a couple do in the other 23 1/2 hours in the day? 😀) And I am of a similar mind, as I enjoy a person's touch more than the sexual act.

- - - - - -

Like many widows, I'm finding that I enjoy the company of women more as friends. And unlike a typical cisgender man, I think if given the choice, would rather be with a good group of female friends on a regular basis, than to have mediocre sex on a regular basis. (Don't read anything into GFJ's sexual capabilities or skills here. I should get a prescription for the "little blue pill" to have a better sex life.)

So it's not surprising for me, as a transgender female, to try and go to as many women's meetups as possible. And tonight, I went to one of those meetups....

- - - - - -

With the snow that was expected today, I wasn't sure if tonight's meetup was being held.  Like Croton, White Plains didn't get that much snow and the roads were safe to drive on. So the meetup was on for this evening.

I was one of 10 ladies who met at Mariachi Loco, and got there a smidgen late - as usual.  But I wasn't the last person to arrive. This restaurant, located in a strip mall off to the side of a larger strip mall, was very comfortable, save for one thing - the cold air kept coming in whenever someone entered or left the restaurant.


As you can tell, the portions are reasonably large, and well priced.  I had the Chicken Mole Poblano (pictured above) with a large glass of Sangria, and got out of the restaurant with a bill of $34 (incl. Tax and Tip).  The woman sitting next to me had the Chicken Quesadilla, and she was surprised how large it was - and ended up taking more than half of this dish home with her.

The one thing I had a problem with in this restaurant was one thing that most people would have liked - the strolling guitar singer.  He sang all the typical "classics", and was good.  But his voice carried so much, that it was hard to talk with the women sitting at the table with me. So this is not a joint to go to when one wants a subdued romantic evening with someone special. Instead, it is a place to go to with friends, when one wants to have a good Mexican dinner.

- - - - - -

As much as I'd have liked to be chatting at the other end of the table, I know that the two regulars there will be back on a regular basis.  So I'll catch up with them next time.  Yes, the evening ended up too quickly. But it allowed me to pick up some sour cream at the store down the hill, and will allow me to enjoy some quesadillas of my own soon....













No comments:

Post a Comment