Friday, March 3, 2017

Pat and BXM


A while back, I spent a Saturday evening seeing two of my friends - Pat and BXM.  When I was working, it was hard to see either one of them in Marian mode, as I don't have the time during the week to get home, change from Mario to Marian, and then get out again.

- - - - - -

After I finished the day's prime activities (noted in another post), I made calls to Pat and to BXM.  Although Pat was busy, she said to come over and we'll have some cheese and crackers over beer.  So I drove over to The Avenue in Co-Op City, and got stuck in some massive traffic jams.  There was no rhyme or reason to things there, and ever since they opened the enclosed mall, traffic has become insufferable.  Although I saw a nice dress there, I didn't find a second one to make it worthwhile to take advantage of the (true) BOGO Sale - where one buys a product and gets the second one for free.  I also looked at shoes. Unfortunately, since their shoe area was so cramped and messy, there was no way I'd be buying shoes that night.

Usually, I can make it to Pat's in 15 minutes from Co-Op City, but it took me that to get out of Co-Op City itself. By the time I reached Pat, I was about 45 minutes later than planned, and we ended up having a chat that could have lasted for hours.  I brought her up to date with what was going on in my life, and then left for BXM's.

BXM is usually busy dealing with things for her father.  He suffers from a disease that requires home care, and she usually underestimates the time it will take her to get things done.  Even with being about 1 hour late for BXM, she was still not able to make it downstairs to the lobby in a reasonable amount of time. We went to the local diner and shot the breeze for an hour, bring each other up to date with the status of our lives.

- - - - - -

This is one of the pleasant things about not having GFJ around all the time - I can get to be Marian without any interference.  But then, this is the way life has been for this transgender person who lives a life on each side of the gender divide....

No comments:

Post a Comment