Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Monday, Monday - So strange to me.


It seems strange that I just enjoyed a weekend without GFJ. And it also felt strange that I had a weekday to myself, and did absolutely nothing. Yes, I wish I could find some notes I had regarding NPW, as I'd have liked to work on the web site. But I decided to ask NPWJ to scan her copy and send it to me as a PDF file.

Even though I had my alarms set for 8:00 am, I knew that I wasn't going to get up immediately. If it weren't for needing to get out of bed, I wouldn't have done so. And yet, I did nothing much all day until I had to prepare for a scheduled dinner with BXM. So, around 6:00 pm, I finally got moving and did just that.

BXM is always having problems, and I knew she'd be late. So I figured that I'd call her a little bit before 9:00 pm (while I was still on the road) to alert her, so that she could feed her dad and then get out of the house. Well, she screwed up her schedule, as she had to stay late at her Karate Dojo to see someone earn his black belt. But this threw her off her schedule, and she invited me up for a drink.  One problem - I couldn't find parking near her house. So I told her this, and arranged to reschedule things sometime in the near future.

On the way home from the Bronx, I got a call from GFJ, and we talked for the better part of an hour.  Her GI Tract is giving her problems, and she almost had to go to the emergency room last night. Something is causing her intestines to get inflamed, and they start blocking the normal processing of food from one end to the other. And this causes her pain which prevents her from bending, triggering problems elsewhere in the body - such as extremely painful backaches. Her doctors have not yet figured out what the problem is, but she certainly doesn't want to go in for the operation which would eliminate this problem once and for all - the cure is worse than the disease.

Around 11:00 pm, we ended our chat, and I went into Walmart to pick up a couple of items. While there, I bumped into one of the store clerks with whom I often chat. (Let's call her WMM.) She started talking a little about the men in (use that word very loosely) her life.  One did a stay in prison, and the other was often not around. (You can guess the ethnicity of this lady from certain stereotypes.) I joked that she should try women, and she said that she thought about that - but her family would never accept it. (I made sure that she knew I wasn't hitting on her to be safe....) And then she said we should exchange phone numbers the next time we meet, and get together outside of the store. This is something I look forward to doing, as I like the idea of having more female friends.

I didn't get half what I would have liked to get done today done. But I feel good about the day anyway. Now that is strange!















 




 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment