Wednesday, March 8, 2017

If only I had known it was Mardi Gras


Bourbon Street and Mardi Gras - the best and worst time to be in New Orleans' French Quarter.  And I wish I could have been there to enjoy the revelry.  Or, if I couldn't be there, I'd like to have been in a place that knew how to party like it was "Fat Tuesday" in New Orleans.

- - - - - -

I'm not much of a party goer. And I spent most of the day in quiet seclusion. It wasn't until 4:00 pm or so that I even bothered to go outside. By the time I got moving, I lost the chance that I had to get into NYC and visit the 9/11 Memorial Museum. (It has free hours from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm every Tuesday). So I decided to call Pat and see if she was available - and she was not.  She was going to "The Bayou" to have Mardi Gras dinner with a friend.  (She would have invited me along had she known earlier that I'd be interested.  Drat!)

At this point, I had still not heard from GFJ.  So I left her messages, and she responded that she was still with her mom. (She was there for her mom's visit to her doctor, and then for some discussions regarding her mom's services at the home where she lives.) By the time GFJ got out, she had missed her regularly scheduled "Divorce Class" in Fishkill, and was on her way home.

- - - - - -

It was nice to go out as Marian again, as tomorrow will be a Mario day.  I'm not looking forward to being Mario for a day, but I am looking forward to seeing Patty (my ex girlfriend) in the PMP Certification Prep class I'm taking. It'll be nice to have a study buddy that I know well....






No comments:

Post a Comment