Tuesday, March 7, 2017

GFJ, GI Tract Ailments, and Chicken Soup


The GI Tract.  Something which defined much of this weekend with GFJ.

- - - - - -

GFJ has had on and off problems with her GI Tract.  So, on Friday, she disrupted her plans and went to the doctor to find out what is going wrong.  To start ruling out some things, the doctor had her scheduled for a series of tests beginning at 8:00 am on Monday morning. But to take the first test, she had to drink nothing but water, eat nothing but chicken or pork, with rice for a starch. The doctor wants to check for things like Celiac disease, as well as do an analysis of the digestive bacteria in her gut.  Things such as toothpaste would screw up one of the tests, so she had to avoid it on Monday morning's daily ablutions.

- - - - - -

Since I have already reported on Friday in another entry, I will skip directly to Saturday and my visit to my brother, and GFJ's visit to family.

GFJ left for her mom's around 10:00 am, and she found her mom still getting ready to visit family.  It was strange for GFJ's mom to be much more sleepy than normal. And she slept much of the time during the party being held at GFJ's niece's house.  When GFJ took her mom home, she was asleep within a couple of minutes of the time GFJ brought her mom to her room.  (I won't say much more here - this is GFJ's life, and I'll only report details where it relates to my life.)

While GFJ was with family, I was with my brother.  He decided not to work on Saturday, so we spent the day moving some bulk trash to the curb for garbage pickup, then dealing with the exchange of a bathroom sink AND the purchase of tile for the kitchen back splash.  This took much longer than one would expect.  There is a lot of defective material out there, and we noticed tolerable defects in the sink we decided to use in the bathroom. But it is even worse with decorative tile. We found an affordable tile type we liked, but found that a lot of the pieces were broken in storage. (I have not reported things in sequence here, but have compressed them for ease of reading.) So we ended up NOT buying the tile, and left it for my brother to take care of on Sunday morning.

On the way back to the family homestead and to my car, my brother passed by the place he used to work when younger.  Given what was being hidden by the site's owners, he was likely exposed to both Uranium and Cesium in his early career. (The site is now cordoned off, and is being guarded to prevent intruders from illegal visits.) Couple this with being a secondary responder after 9/11, and one can guess why he has a cough that isn't going away.  My niece and nephew have told him to the doctor to get this checked out, and I hope he does so soon.

By the time I got home, neither of us wanted to cook - for different reasons.  So I said that we should make a return visit to the diner, where GFJ could order her soup and I could order a tasty dinner.  Sadly, I wish GFJ could have enjoyed a regular meal with me. But until the doctors figure out what's wrong, I'll have to get used to her and her very limited diet.

- - - - - -

GFJ and I slept late, and I was awakened by a call from my brother.  He had gone out early in the day, and found a small tile shop that had affordable tile in exactly the style we wanted. So he scheduled pickup for Monday morning.

We didn't get out of the house until late, and I decided to pick up a few things at Walmart. For the life of me, I can't remember exactly what I was looking for. But I picked up some other things I needed - and put them in the pantry for future use.

It was nice to get out for a long drive, even though we didn't see much at night.  Since GFJ had to get up early in the morning, I made sure to get her home early, so that we had a chance of falling asleep early enough for her to feel rested in the morning.

- - - - - -

Monday came, and GFJ left around 7:00 am.  I couldn't get back to sleep, so I was working on 3 hours sleep when I reached the dealership to have my car worked on. While they were working on the car, I met Lili for a late breakfast and we chatted for an hour.  As we were finishing up our meal, the dealership called to tell me that the car was done, but they couldn't find the noise I mentioned.  The car was safe to drive, but I noted that I will bring the car back when I can reproduce the noise near their dealership.  (I found a way to reproduce that noise.  So I will give them a call soon, and demonstrate it in order for them to replicate it themselves.)

When I got home, I was dead tired and wanted to go to sleep again.  One problem - too much caffeine.  Drinking the equivalent of 4 cups of coffee didn't help me after I was able to go home.  And it didn't help that I received a couple of phone calls when I was trying to nap. So I decided to check on the status of the cell phone that was out for repair, and I was told that I should have some news in a few days.

Later on in the day, I decided to do some window shopping, and perhaps try on a frock or two. So I drove to Paramus, and stopped into Catherine's to browse the merchandise.  Although there was nothing there that I wanted at the price point I was willing to pay, I figure that I can take Lili there soon, so that she can try on dresses in her size.  (She previously hated dresses, but is now considering wearing them because of her recent weight loss.)  Hopefully, she'll be in the mood to do this within the next few weeks.

- - - - - -

Tomorrow will be day spent fully en-femme.  I'm looking forward to wearing a nice frock outdoors before the rain comes down.  If I'm lucky, and get up early, I think I'll be able to do just that....










No comments:

Post a Comment