Friday, March 17, 2017

Alone again, naturally


Gilbert O'Sullivan - Remember him?  He is noted for having one of the saddest songs to come to the top of the American charts.  And it was his most famous hit that came to mind today, as I no longer had GFJ to talk with.

The last time I felt this way was a little while after my wife died.  It was not the presence of her in my life that was important, it was the knowing that she was there for me when needed that was important.  As Neil Sedaka sang: "Breaking up is hard to do."

- - - - - -

Right now, Lili is a little pissed off at me.  I couldn't just drop everything to go away with her. When I mentioned that the following weekend was available, she said she couldn't - her boyfriend would be over.  And I don't think she understands why I didn't drop everything to be with her when GFJ was in my life.

- - - - - - 

I had arranged to meet Vicki #2 a few days ago, and I was glad to see her today.  It seems that her polyamorous marriage to her girlfriend is going to happen soon, and it's going to be a very nice event.  I only wish I could attend.  I'd love the excuse to get dressed up for that event!

We discussed many things including my relationships, Lili, and other friends, and then discussed her family life in limited detail.  Given what they are going through, Vicki may need to get a more traditional job soon. Hopefully, this will not need to be the case for a long while, as I know she enjoys what she does for work.

- - - - - -

When I got home, I was "assaulted" by a call from an irate neighbor.  It seems that her neighbor is disturbing her.  She has no proof of his alleged actions, and won't bother reporting this disturbing activity to the police.  If she won't do this, there is nothing that can be done - the other neighbor is also a co-op shareholder and also has rights that we must respect.

Ah, the joys of being a co-op board member....

- - - - - -

PS: Around midnight, GFJ sent me a text saying that if I was still awake and wanted to call her, that I could. I was too tired at the moment to talk with her.  But I might do so tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment