Monday, March 13, 2017

A little of this, a pinch of that, and a dollop of nothing


Given how cold it was outside, I had no mood to go outside and freeze. And since I didn't wake up early enough, I didn't even have the option of going to the local church that I have visited on occasion as Marian.

So, what did I do?

Well, this was another day that I stayed under the covers and hibernated. Having nothing to do will do this to a person. And this is why I want to find some meaningful work - just to keep me from getting caught in the web of comfortable inactivity.

It's hard to believe how quickly the week has passed. And yet, I still haven't studied much for my class. Late in the afternoon, I finally broke down and logged onto the web site to see how much time I have to allocate for study, and I figure that I'll have to put in 3 hours a day for the next couple of days, and then do about 4-6 hours per week while this class is going on.

There is so much that I have to catch up on, and I'm not referring to classwork alone. I started to work on the new NPW web site last night, and found that much of the material that NPWJ wants me to include in the new site is not available from the old site. So I'm working on what I can, and will talk to her on Friday to see what I can do to resolve a few issues. At this time, I'll tell her that I have jury duty scheduled, and will try to figure out what I can do to keep things moving during a two week outage.

- - - - - -

GFJ is starting to feel a little better, and it would be nice to see her tomorrow after her GI Tract tests. (This is the second week in a row that she has to take this test, so I know she'll be hungry when she gets out of the doctor's office.) I figure that we'll be able to go out for a bite to eat, and then see a show at the el-cheapo movie house in Poughkeepsie. While I'm up there, I'll make some noise at the cell phone repair shop, as I'd like to have a working phone in my hands soon. 

Hopefully, things will break for me on the employment front soon.  It'll be nice to have a reason to get up in the morning again soon....


No comments:

Post a Comment