Wednesday, March 1, 2017

A day to myself


I've spent a lot of time as Mario for the past few days, and today was one of them. Yes, I could have gotten dressed early, and have gone out for the better part of the day en-femme. But it made much more sense to get dressed as Mario, and go to the co-op board meeting at the end of the day.

- - - - - -

Surprisingly, a headhunter called me to see if I was interested in a position he was trying to fill. I didn't get a good vibe from this fellow, because of the way he presented things.  He was very hungry, and didn't want to wait for late afternoon for me to fill out a couple of short forms. Once this fellow told me the name of the firm and the location where I'd be working, I started to have misgivings about even considering this position.  If I was not getting enough sleep when I worked at the payments firm near the South Street Seaport, I would get even less sleep working for an investment bank next to South Ferry. So I was not in a rush to help this person, as I probably wouldn't take the position if offered.

When I was done wasting time, I decided to get showered and dressed, so that I could attend the co-op board meeting. We had some decisions to make, and two of them were mildly unpleasant. Due to privacy concerns, I can't say much more about what went on, save that a problem I reported the other day will be addressed by the people who caused it.

After the meeting, three of us (HWA, HWV and I) chatted for a minute or two in the parking lot. HWV is interested in going to the "20 at 20" Off Broadway specials at the end of March, and HWA would like to arrange another day of chatting. It seems like I'm gradually developing new friendships - something I'd never have done well before I allowed my Marian persona to express herself in the outside world.

- - - - - -

I can't wait until tomorrow, where I can finally get back into a comfortable frock for a couple of days.


No comments:

Post a Comment