Tuesday, February 28, 2017

The end of another weekend with GFJ


As noted before, GFJ got here late on Saturday - and we had a quiet night together.  Unfortunately (for her), she has to worry about her "Wasband" being around her family homestead, so she ends up coming here about 95% of the time. If it weren't for her mom getting sick, she'd have had a party at her place, and I'd have gone there this weekend.

- - - - - -

Sunday was a very quiet day for us.  We took it easy most of the day, and then went to Lower Westchester county to shop for a universal case for her tablet.  We eventually ended up at Micro Center, where she found the case she needed.  (It wasn't a perfect fit, but universal cases rarely are.)  After a snack, we drove home - and I proceeded to cook dinner. While taking care of the cooking, she pulled out her old phone and asked me to help make sure that all the items on her old phone were moved to the new phone. And this is where I got a reality check.

You might ask, what type of reality check?  Well, in my case, I accidentally saw a message chain from one of her girlfriends, and this girlfriend was giving the same kind of advice to GFJ that Lili has been giving to me.  I certainly couldn't talk about this, nor could I put the genie back in the bottle if possible.  Yes, part of me was temped to keep looking at things I shouldn't be looking at. But I'm glad that the old phone is in her bag, and not available to me. This might be too great a temptation for me to resist.

Later that night, GFJ's sleep was disrupted.  She got some serious stomach bug, and was feeling very uncomfortable through the night, and into Monday morning.

- - - - - -

Monday was Presidents' day, and that meant that all banks and government offices were closed. This gave GFJ an extra day to stay with me, as her assistant was able to man the office. GFJ was still not feeling well, and all she could do was down some chicken broth I had in the refrigerator (after being warmed up, of course).  I've seen this happen with her before, so I'm not too worried.  But I am very concerned, as I've seen her through other digestive issues in the past, and want to make sure that nothing else is there to worry about.

Although the alarm clock woke us up early. we didn't get out of bed until almost noon.  We could have gone to either FDR's house or Elanor Roosevelt's house for free, but we got out late, deciding to see a movie instead.  Luckily, "The Founder" was showing at the discount movie house in Poughkeepsie - and it was across the street from where GFJ had to pick up some medical records for a Wednesday appointment. Both of us drove our cars to the theater, as we'd be going our own ways afterwards.

After the movie, GFJ and I drove back to Fishkill to eat at the diner. Her stomach wasn't in the best of shape, so all she could do was eat the broth from the soup she ordered. I was pleasantly surprised that they refilled the broth before sending her home with the solids from the soup. As for me, I brought home the better part of a salad, and decided to rest upon my arrival.

- - - - - -

As you might guess, there's a part of me that really wants to know what is going on in GFJ's mind. But there's another part that's afraid to know.  I'm not in any rush to find out, as I think both of us like what we have right now - for now.

Doris Day once sang:

"Que, sera sera.
 Whatever will be, will be.
 The future's not ours to see.
 Que, sera, sera."

And that's so true of life.  Hopefully, things will work out well for us.  I like having her around, as we think alike and have mutual respect for each other. 


No comments:

Post a Comment