Sunday, February 12, 2017

Going out for no result was the brightest part of the day


The ubiquitous cell phone. It is a godsend and a curse at the same time.  No longer is it easy to be "out of pocket" and unavailable to the world.  Instead, people expect to contact us at any time.  And it was a cell phone which became the high point of my day.

- - - - - -

My old cell phone has been at the repair shop for about a week. Unlike most of my other cell phones, my old Moto-X (2nd Gen.) does not have a user replaceable battery. This means that I either have to buy a battery and the special tools needed to open the case and do the work myself.  Since I don't trust myself to do the work right, I decided to pay the piper and drop it off at a repair shop and be sure the work is done right.  So, when I dropped it off, the fellow told me that it should be ready at this time next week (today), as he would need to get the part shipped to the store.  Since I didn't hear from him this week, I figured that I'd take a run up to Wappinger's Falls and see if my phone was ready. Doing this would put me in Mario Mode for the day.  However, there are always things I can do in Mario Mode that I'm putting off because I try to live as much of my life as Marian as possible.

I got showered and dressed, and made the 45 minute drive - only to find out that the fellow had not yet received my phone's new battery.  So I had little to do but to drive home.  I was not in the mood to change into Marian, and I decided to stay home and relax.  Yes, I could have called BXM or Pat to see if either was available. But I was not in the mood to do much of anything, and I was in the mood to simply veg out.

- - - - - -

Since GFJ is still sick, I expect that this will be a weekend that I'll have all to myself. I've already texted Patty to tell her that we won't be able to make it to dinner tomorrow.  It's a shame.  We've been trying to get together for a while, and again, the fates have gotten in our way.

Yet, there is one positive here.  With GFJ being home, Marian has a choice of two things she can do in the morning, and if I wake up early enough, I will do so. 


No comments:

Post a Comment