Monday, February 20, 2017

A weekend defined by a Birthday, a Cell Phone, and Snow.





Last Tuesday was GFJ's birthday. Since she wasn't here because of a cold, I wanted to make sure that she'd enjoy a belated birthday celebration on Saturday upon her arrival.

- - - - - -

The cell phone I use for "Marian Only" calling was broken, and I had to return it to the cell phone repair shop to get fixed.  It seems when the battery was replaced, that a connector wasn't reset for the phone's speaker.  As a result, I could not use the phone for much of anything except as a device to surf the web while using wi-fi data. So, I figured that I'd drive back to Wappinger's Falls before GFJ was on her way, and get back before she reached my apartment.

At the cell phone repair shop, I was told that I could wait a couple of hours and have the phone the same day.  If I had thought of it, I'd have suggested to GFJ that she meet me for a movie in Poughkeepsie, pick up the phone afterwards, then drive back to my apartment. Unfortunately, I didn't think of this, and will need to make another drive to Wappinger's Falls on Monday after all the snow is cleared.

- - - - - -

When GFJ arrived, we proceeded to pair her new cell phone with her car.  Unfortunately, Suburu doesn't make it easy - their car owner's manual doesn't make this process clear. So it took us an hour to figure this out - and she was pleasantly surprised to find out that she now had a car that would work with her cell phone.

Once done with her car, it was off for a drive, and then out for dinner.  Of course, it was my treat, and we went to an Italian joint almost in walking distance of my place.  No, this wasn't that romantic a place. But both of us were in "comfortable" clothes, and not wanting to get dressed up to go out.

- - - - - -

Both of us knew that it was going to snow overnight, so I made sure that I had enough food available to last until Monday. When we looked out the window on Sunday Morning, we saw that the snow wasn't as bad as expected, but that we made the right decision by calling this another Jammie Day.

Even though some people moved their cars today, neither of us were in the mood to disrupt our Jammie Day.  Hopefully, we will not have too much snow on our cars, or too much blocking our cars to get out in the morning.  I figure that my Marian Mode cell phone will be ready, and that both of us will be up for a nice drive....




No comments:

Post a Comment