Tuesday, February 7, 2017

A slow day to start the week


Was I slow or was the day slow?  Only "Speedy Gonzales" knows for sure.  But being serious, I have to say that I didn't get moving until late in the afternoon.  And then, I only got moving because I had to do some laundry and go out to take care of some errands.  At least, I was able to spend the evening en-femme, and that made me feel good.

- - - - - -

The communal laundry room is down two flights of stairs from my apartment. And I was very glad that I took the overloaded laundry bag down last night, even though I couldn't do the laundry until today.  So when I went to my storage area and picked up my bag, I didn't expect to see anyone in the laundry room before 6:00 pm. However, I was surprised to find someone in the laundry room - the senile lady who has the handicapped daughter in the next doorway over.  I pretended not to know her, as I wasn't sure if she knew me or not. But if she did know me, she didn't hint at it.

Once done with laundry, I went out the door and got in my car.  In the car, I decided to call Lili to see if she was alone and whether she was available.  I was surprised that she was in her jammies by 7:00 pm, and she wasn't in the mood to meet me for a cup of coffee. So, I told her that I'd give her some notice before the next time I suggest meeting, and mentioned that I'd like to see her alone for a while before meeting the man in her life.  (I won't go into the discussion we had regarding the new boyfriend. But let's say that she had her first "tiff" with this fellow.)  Since Lili was not on my plan for the evening, I decided to drive to Newburgh to kill some time at the Avenue.

Arriving at the mall, I realized that this might be the last time I see these particular familiar faces (DD being one of them) for a couple of months. So I wanted to make sure to say hello before my PMP Prep classes start next week. We chatted a bit, but I found nothing of value to buy - and this is a little frustrating, as I wanted to buy GFJ a birthday present.

- - - - - - 
 
Leaving the store, I decided to go for dinner at a local diner.  And wouldn't you know it?  GFJ chose that time to return my call. So I chatted for the better part of an hour while driving, and made it to a diner in Mohegan Lake before ending the call.  I must have been very distracted when I left the diner, as I left my doggie bag on the table.  But it's just as well, because I don't need leftovers that won't get eaten....









No comments:

Post a Comment