Friday, February 3, 2017

A cleaning lady, some volunteering, with some fun and games in Yonkers.


My monthly appointment with my cleaning lady. It's never certain when she's coming, and this gets in the way of my plans to go out en-femme, as I either have to get out early on the Thursday that she comes. Or, I have to stay en-homme until she has left, and then change into Marian for the rest of the day.

- - - - - -

This Thursday was the day I expected my cleaning lady to come. So I made it a point to pack up all of my feminine stuff after getting showered, shaved, made up, and dressed. This way, the little evidence that she has that there's a woman in my life would make her believe that I have a girlfriend, and not be that woman herself.  Since she knows not to come in the morning, I knew that if I got out of the house by 1:00 pm, she wouldn't see me en-femme. So that goal was accomplished with some time to spare.

On the way to my weekly volunteer stint at the GLBT center, I stopped at McDonalds to pick up some lunch.  Instead of eating in the car while driving, I figured that it was time to go inside and sit down for a change. This took up more time than I would have thought, but didn't delay me that much. And I was able to make it to the GLBT center by 2:30 pm, then stayed for about 3 hours doing some work on the computer.

- - - - - -

Eventually, it was time to leave, and I moseyed down to Yonkers both for dinner and to play games. As I often do, I went to Panera Bread for soup and a sandwich. When my order was brought to the table,  it was nice to hear the person address me as Marian. Once I finished eating, I still had time to kill, so I went to The Avenue to sort through their racks to find something worth buying.  Although there were a couple of things I might have been interested in, nothing grabbed my interest enough for me to take plastic out of my wallet.




And then, it was off to game night.  The first game we played was Spyfall.  One out of several players is dealt a "spy" card, and he has to figure out where he is before the other players determine he's the spy.   Normally, a round takes about 10 minutes to play, and I was found to be the spy after 10 minutes.  However, the next round took less than a minute. We were supposed to be on a submarine, but couldn't make it obvious about it, lest the spy would figure things out. So when I was asked about what I liked most about the scenery, I answered: "lots of handsome men!"  Everyone who wasn't a spy laughed, knowing that I gave the perfect answer. And the one person who didn't laugh had to be the spy. And in less than 60 seconds, this round was ended with a single question and answer.  (It also helps that people know I am trans, and do not know what my sexual preference is.)

- - - - - -

All too early, it was time to go home. GFJ and chatted about things, including the latest regarding the problems with her Wasband.  Since I can't go into any details here, all I can say is that I hope she is able to nail the cheating deadbeat.  Once I got to my house, I let her get back to her sleuthing, and me to get upstairs to see whether my cleaning lady had come.  It was obvious that she didn't come when I got in the door, and I found a message on my machine that she'd be coming tomorrow. AARGH!  I don't mind this, but it will interfere with my plans for the day.

 

1 comment: