Saturday, January 21, 2017

Lunch with one of the ladies


I had only one thing on the docket for today: Lunch with the lady who introduced me to Arts Westchester. And, of course, I'd be going in Marian Mode.

- - - - - -

Waking up this morning, I knew that it would be a day fully spent en-femme. GFJ wouldn't be coming here until tomorrow, and I'd have a full day to socialize as Marian.  So, when the alarms woke me this morning, I made it to the dresser and pulled out a bra and panties, then made my way to the bathroom to get myself ready for a day en-femme.

As usual, I was running a few minutes late, and made it to lunch shortly after 1:00 pm. Parking was horrendous, as this restaurant (Sam's of Gedney Way) was fully booked. But I got my proof that this restaurant was located over the path the former NYB&W railroad once ran. So when I got upstairs, I was pleased to find my friend sitting at a table across from the bar.  We talked of many things (as women will do), and time seemed to pass without us being aware of it. But all too soon, it was time to go - and both of us took our leave.

GFJ was preoccupied with her mom in the hospital.  Although they did some tests at 10:00 am, no one bothered to give her any results until after 3:00 pm.  It's amazing how hospitals and doctors can find ways to waste one's time.  I knew that I wouldn't be able to speak to GFJ until the evening, so all I could do is exchange text messages to get current status.

After lunch, I made it across the river, and drove down to Catherine's to again go bra shopping.  This time, I found an underwire bra in a style I liked.  I figure that I should get used to wearing underwire bras occasionally, as cisgender women do so all the time, and I want to be able to "complain" from my own experiences about as many headaches cisgender women have to put up with as a part of life.  (In short, why should I get a "hall pass" because I am transgender?)

Once done there, I drove home via the overland route and packed it in for the evening. I wasn't in the mood to see BXM (even if she was available), nor did I have the energy to do much of anything else. So, I called it a night a bit earlier than planned.


No comments:

Post a Comment