Sunday, January 8, 2017

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year! (albeit a week late)

I'm glad that 2016 is over.  I was visited by the "Chinese Curse" and would have preferred to have been bored to death.  It's now back to my usual publishing schedule, one week behind the events of the day.  And I'm glad.  It's easier for me to keep on track, and I don't have to worry about betting something out the door by midnight.

- - - - - -

Saturday started by us oversleeping the alarms (if they had been set), and catching up on the sleep we obviously needed. Although we had some flexibility in our schedule, we both knew that we should be up at the in by 3:00 pm - 4:00 - pm, so that we could be with GFJ's friends for a pre New Year's Eve party.

Later in the afternoon GFJ checked with her friends, and there was no pre party party.  So we ended up leaving a little later than expected.  One problem - GFJ's car had one of its headlights out, so we knew we'd have to be on the road as little as possible and hope that she could get the headlight replaced on New Year's Day.

We made it to the inn, checked into our room, and got ready for the New Year's Eve extravaganza. Her friends were already at the table, and we proceeded to spend the night gabbing, eating and dancing.  I hate to say this, but my knees were bothering me on the dance floor - it's time for me to get moving again, so that I can comfortably hold GFJ in my arms for a slow dance.  By the time the evening ended, I was more than full - and we retired to our room to relax.

- - - - - -

The next morning, we woke up, and got out for an early breakfast.  Unfortunately, I tripped getting out the door, and fell on the concrete, getting a bruise on my head and some damage to my right hand. This is very troublesome, as the hand I hurt was my right (dominant) hand. It now hurts me to turn a key, and carrying heavy loads is something I'll have to put off for a few days.

After breakfast, GFJ and I went our own ways.  Me to my home to rest, while she went to try and find a place that would replace her headlight.  Hopefully, she found a place that was open.  I'll know when we speak to each other later on.

- - - - - -

This is not a way to start the new year.  But I certainly hope it'll be better than 2016.








No comments:

Post a Comment