Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Getting ready to go out


One of the things I take for granted in my daily routine is makeup. As much as I have been told that I do a very good job at it, I am far from an expert. Instead, this T-Gal has had it lucky, as she got a simple formula from an expert, and has been able to use it religiously without change since then.

Shortly after I started going out as Marian, I had the opportunity to go to Fantasia Fair. This was a great learning opportunity for me, as I had the chance to meet with other transgender folk, both M2F and F2M. For the first time, I could see that I was far from alone in feeling that I should have been born as a cisgender female, and that I could learn the skills to socialize as a female.

At the Fair, I had the opportunity to have my face made up by Jim Bridges.  He was an expert at makeup, and gave me a simple guide to the makeup process I use today.



For the most part, I use this guide today, save that instead of using the liquid makeup that he sold me, I use creme makeup from Dermablend and from Ben Nye (Beard Cover). Since I'm lazy (or just afraid to make mistakes), I avoid doing anything "heavy duty" for evening looks. What I mean is that I don't do "date night" or other specialty applications. In short, I've perfected a routine, and don't change it much from day to day.

When one does something well, eventually someone will ask you for help with that something. And I still find it hard to believe that a couple of years ago (yes, it's been that long), GFJ asked me for help with her makeup.  Of course, there could have been something else going on that she never will talk about. But I have my secrets too. And a smart woman never tells too much....








No comments:

Post a Comment