Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Catching up with things


I must have needed rest, as I forgot to make a post for Monday and Tuesday. (I wrote about something that happened on Monday. But I could have published it at any time, since it was related to how I responded to an upset reader.)  So I'll catch up with a single post, and take care of the rest later.

Both days were very quiet days.  Monday, I stayed in the house all day, save a trip to the supermarket to pick up some stuff. And on Tuesday, I did the same, except to get mail from my mailbox. Two Jammie days in a row!  YAY!  But I was very glad that GFJ was away, as I probably needed a good rest.

- - - - - -

Sometimes, I find that I need quiet days for myself - and both Monday and Tuesday were perfect for being by myself. There was a part of me that wanted to be with people, and especially en-femme. And in a way, I indulged that a little when I went out to the supermarket. But I didn't have much social contact with anyone, so being en-femme was more to take the edge off than anything else.

I'll admit that I am not blessed with a classic female figure, nor do I look like anything other than an overweight female when I go out en-femme. And yet, I have issues with others who don't present as well as I do. This is especially true when I see or meet other trans women who do not pass the "at a quick glance" test. Go figure.  Even though I know in my mind that not all trans women are "passable" for cisgender women, my gut still reacts from the socialization many of us had as children.  So there is still a big part about being trans that I am still not 100% comfortable with yet, and it's something I have to work on.

- - - - - -

There's an old saying about being idle and being the devil's servant.  And in a way, that's true, because idleness rots the brain a little.  Hopefully, I'll soon be free of idleness and back to work....


No comments:

Post a Comment