Friday, January 13, 2017

Back to game night after 3 weeks.


Thursday again.  And I had to make a decision: Do I get dressed and go to Game Night? Or, do I stay home and nurse my right hand?  As you can guess, game night won. But I had to be concerned about possible aftereffects of Sunday's injury.

- - - - - -

I have been eating irregularly over the past few days, eating and drinking (non alcoholic beverages only) when I was in the mood. This meant that my body chemistry would be out of whack sooner or later - and this morning had me getting a little dizzy when I got up quickly to go to the bathroom.  Since this is a symptom I've never had before, I had some concern.  But I figured that I'd play it safe and see how I felt later on, when I've had a full meal and a decent amount of fluids in me.  I figure that if I feel the same way tomorrow morning, or again over the weekend, I'll talk to the doc about this on Monday - when I plan to ask him about the results of Tuesday's X-Rays (if he doesn't call me first).

Late in the afternoon, I checked my email and found out that I've been approved by the county for a "WIA Grant" that helps displaced workers get the training they need to find new work. So I completed the paperwork for the grant, and made contact with the school to determine what the next step in the process would be.  There was additional good news, as I found out that the grant and paperwork included the costs of taking the PMP exam. YAY! This is another $500+ that will come out of someone else's pockets and not mine.

- - - - - -

Next up was getting showered and dressed for my drive to Yonkers. Like a typical woman, I didn't know what I wanted to wear, and selected the same outfit I wore the day before - but with the new pair of shoes I bought the night before. Although I was late to the meetup, I didn't miss anything, as the hostess hadn't yet started a game.  She was very pleasantly surprised to find out that I brought the big box of Lindt chocolates (which was 3 medium boxes inside one big box) for the gang, as well as a box of Chocolate Truffles for her family (and another box for a couple who has given me gifts in the past). And I was surprised when she game me the game of Quirkle shown above.

Our hostess had something great to report. She had accepted a new job in White Plains, and will have a much better commute.  One of the places she interviewed at was the school where I earned my Masters Degree.  I'm glad she didn't go there. Not only would she have a bad commute, but she might bump into my ex girlfriend (Ex-GF-M) and have my name come up in conversation. Once everyone was settled in, we played a couple of games and chatted a bit.

- - - - - -

All too soon it was time to go home. GFJ was sleeping over a friend's place tonight, as she was picking up her son at the airport in the morning. I decided to text her to tell me she could call back while I was on the road. But by the time we finally connected, she was going to sleep - and I didn't want to disturb her any further. So we'll chat tomorrow when both of us are free.




No comments:

Post a Comment