Saturday, January 14, 2017

A night with the ladies.


Strangely enough, I don't have a lot to say about today. And yet, it is likely that this will be the last day for me en-femme until next Wednesday.  It seems as if GFJ has a way of screwing up my schedule - but it doesn't bother me that much.

- - - - - -

This morning, I planned to allow myself to sleep until 11:00 am, as I didn't get to sleep until 4:00 am. However, I was awake before 9:00 am, and got out of bed with little of the problems I noted the day before.  If things keep going this way, I won't bother thinking about it when I next speak with my doctor.

Getting up early doesn't mean that I got moving early.  Although I called the school to see what the next step in the process is, that didn't get me ready to put the WIA Grant certification in the mail in time for the mailman to send it on its way before Saturday. This is not a problem, as I was told that I am admitted - and that the school will figure out how to get the money from the government.  (I'll bet we still have problems - I'll touch base on this towards the end of next week.)

Around 4:00 pm, I started getting ready for dinner with the ladies.  Originally, 11 people signed up for the meetup.  But there were only 5 of us who met at the buffet.  The buffet has been there for a while, but it is not my favorite place to chow down in Westchester. I'd rather go for Dim Sum at Aberdeen, and know that I'm getting authentic Chinese food. Although I was a few minutes late, it didn't matter much. Dinner was way too short, and I wanted to stay out as long as possible.

Driving home, I chatted with GFJ, and she told me about some business problems with the "Wasband". And then she said that some of the gals were getting together for a movie tomorrow, and suggested that we be together Sunday thru Tuesday.  This isn't a problem for me, as I would enjoy going to the Bronx Botanical Garden as we wanted to do during Christmas week. But there is one minor glitch - I am scheduled to go to the Arts Westchester meeting on Monday, and this will require my presence as Marian.  I was surprised to find out that GFJ was OK with that, and would take care of some of her errands for the time I'd be out and about in Marian mode.

- - - - - -

PS: Tomorrow, I'm supposed to drive to Long Island and visit my dad in the nursing home.  Hopefully, the snow won't cause me to postpone my visit.  Only the weatherman knows for sure....


No comments:

Post a Comment