Saturday, December 24, 2016

But baby, it's cold outside - for now


There were two things this princess had to do in Marian Mode before taking my carriage home and turning into Mario before midnight.  The first of them was to go to the GLBT center to put in my weekly hours, and the other was a visit to NPW to discuss the web site we're developing.  And I had to get everything done before 6:00 pm or so before GFJ got home.

- - - - - -

I took my time in getting out of the house this morning, as I was dealing with a minor GI tract ailment.  (Nothing major, but I had to stay near a bathroom longer than I wanted.)  By the time I should have already made it to the center, I encountered an accident related traffic jam on the Sprain Brook Parkway.  Since nothing was moving, I pulled over to the side of the road and emailed the director to tell him that I wouldn't make it, but would definitely be there next week.

At this point, I figured that I had an hour to kill.  So I made it over to Lane Bryant and browsed a little.  One woman (a customer) stopped and asked me where I got my coat. Sadly, it came from a consignment store, and was effectively a one of a kind coat.  Other than the length of the coat, it'd been perfect for her. I chatted a little, and noted that for gals like us, we have a hard time finding good things that last.  The comment was not as important as that I'm feeling confident in using my feminine voice.  Is it the voice I want?  No, but it's much better than the voice I started with. And it's good enough for me to blend in with other females.

Once done browsing through clothes racks, it was off to Bed Bath and Beyond.  It was easy to kill enough time, so that I could arrive at NPW at 2:00 sharp. NPWJ was still in her meeting, so I showed her assistant what I had accomplished so far.  And then, NPWJ came in - and I repeated the key elements of what I did. We talked for the better part of an hour, and all of us wished each other a Happy Holiday before I left.

- - - - - -


As much as I wanted to stay in Marian Mode for the rest of the day, it was time for the coach to turn back into a pumpkin and for Cinderella to get back in her customary rags.  At least, I was finally able to get a better picture of the olive turtleneck dress, and post it here for your enjoyment.






No comments:

Post a Comment