Friday, December 23, 2016

BRRRR!!!!


BRRRR!!!!

This is the first truly frigid day of the year, and I was supposed to go out the the GLBT Center to do some volunteer work.  But with the cold outside, I was in no mood to freeze my buns off, and decided to stay inside until tomorrow.  This would have two benefits: (1) I'd stay warm, and (2) I'd get to wish my cleaning lady a Happy Holiday for her last visit of the year.

- - - - - -

DID I stay inside?  No.   I did skip out on my volunteer session, and postponed it ntil tomorrow.  And yet, I did decide to go out to game night late in the afternoon.

I was expecting the cleaning lady to come over today,  so I stayed en-homme most of the day.  By the time mid-afternoon came, the cleaning lady didn't arrive, and I had to start getting ready for game night. So I called her, and she said she'd be coming next week. This was more than acceptable to me, as I was able to start changing into Marian and also get some laundry done while doing so.  (I like hanging up most of my dresses and shirts to dry. And I couldn't do so if the cleaning lady didn't finish her job.) My first two visits to the laundry room were en-homme. But when I picked up my laundry, the senile lady living in the next doorway was getting ready to do her laundry - and started talking to me as I was emptying the dryers. Did she recognize me?  Who knows?  But it's not an issue to me.

- - - - - -

Once done with laundry, it was off to game night. It didn't feel as cold as I feared it would. And I was glad for this, as I had chosen not to wear fleece lined tights under my dress. This allowed me to be very comfortable while playing games this evening.  I won't go into the minutiae of whether I won any games or not. But I did have an interesting conversation with the hostess, where she suggested for certain low-stress/lower pay jobs, that I use the fact that I'm transgender as a selling point.  My cover letter would basically say the following: (1) I have good experience, have had a good amount of responsibility, and can actually think; and (2) the reason I am considering a lower skill job is that I am transgender and am looking to reenter the workforce as my authentic female self. (I'll probably ask her to repeat these things so that I can take notes for future use.)

- - - - - -

What would happen if I start going to work as a female?  I'll bet that I'll occasionally get a cold breeze up my skirts in winter.  BRRRR!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment